Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Help me have more bitachon

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 11:15 am
We're struggling in a very unprecedented way. Like literally no money for basics like food, rent etc. and I'm under immense stress.

I know that Hashem has all the money in the world and I believe that He can help us in an instant. I know that he is a kol yachol, I do know that, but I also know I need to worry less and trust more.

Does anyone have any personal stories or anything to share that will help me have more trust?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 1:09 pm
bump

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 1:23 pm
https://www.youtube.com/live/T.....d0Tcj

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 1:59 pm
I struggled often with money and have seen yad hashem many times, helping us out in really outrageous ways! I am posting anonymously as I have said some of these stories over many times.
1. We were struggling to cover our bills for yom tov. My husband is a real baal bitachon while I struggled a bit more, and I was vocal about it. At that point we were in kollel. We had a set of seforim on long term loan to us that we had returned. Anyway, I get a text from that person (who we haven't spoken to since and never did after) who lent us the seforim. It was a picture of an envelope with my handwriting on it. She asked if its mine. I said that's my handwriting but I dont know what that is. Turns out, two years earlier, I had put a large chunk of money in an envelope and hid in a sefer. And promptly forgot it. That amount covered my exact credit card bill. To the dollar.
2. We had a leak in our bathroom that exposed mold and it was an emergency repair that we had to redo our bathroom. This was not an expense I foresaw and we didn't have that money. I basically said to myself that well have to really just cut back, take on more clients etc. I was talking this out to my friend as I walked to my mailbox. In my mailbox was an envelope with a tax benefit I did not think I was getting which covered the deficit.
3. On the flipside, Hashem sometimes shows me that I am supposed to have what I have, not a dollar more and not a dollar less. I earned a substantial bonus at work and was excited to be able to put some savings away. That was on a Thursday. Friday morning I woke up in crazy agony, the pain in my whole mouth was so bad and did not go away. I needed 2 emergency root canals and crowns. There went my entire bonus. Even though I was disappointed, it really made me feel like Hashem is watching over me and I get exactly what I need.
I hope this was able to give you at least a little chizuk. I hope your yeshuah comes fast!

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 6:23 pm
Dh had major surgery that left him disabled-no longer able to work. I did lots of odd jobs to pay the bills. We did manage to pay the mortgage and other bills, but it was nerve wracking every month not knowing how/when/if I would have the money for the bills. I said "Hashem, I know you are paying the bills each month, but for my peace of mind, I need to know HOW the mortgage will be paid, not be wondering each month where the money was coming from".

And then I got a call offering me a job. I did not apply for it, just got the call. I've been there 11 years now.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 3:45 am
Sounds really hard. I mamish feel for you.
Like you said, part of bitachon is not only knowing that He can, but believing that He will provide for you.
So the story I'd like to tell you is about your future salvation that is knocking down your door.
Hashem is so excited to give you everything you need and everything you want. He desires to connect with you in this way, to see you happy. A little peek into the future....Here you are saying nishmas kol chai for all the shefa and bracha that Hashem has given you. He paid your rent. He paid for your groceries. All that you needed, He paid for. And then so much more. I'll thank Him now too. "Hashem Your kindness and generosity is astounding towards OP!!!!! You have showered her and her family with money, and more money, and then extra in the bank and even more towards investments. Thank You for establishing Your true will here in this world. You've put a smile on all our faces over your kindness towards OP. I know she's looking for every opportunity that she can find to give back to you and make You happy too. Hodu laHashem ki tov, ki leiolam chasdo!"

Looking forward to praising Hashem with You. Your fortune is coming! Hashem wants it. It will be here soon. Yeah Hashem!!!!!! Thank You Hashem!!!!!!

The more you believe/envision He will do it, the more you open up your vessel to receive from Him. Because He wants a relationship with you. That means you have to know who He is. Part of who He is, is provider for you, desiring to give. It's His will to give to you everything you need. He wants it!

Lizzie4

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 3:53 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
Sounds really hard. I mamish feel for you.
Like you said, part of bitachon is not only knowing that He can, but believing that He will provide for you.
So the story I'd like to tell you is about your future salvation that is knocking down your door.
Hashem is so excited to give you everything you need and everything you want. He desires to connect with you in this way, to see you happy. A little peek into the future....Here you are saying nishmas kol chai for all the shefa and bracha that Hashem has given you. He paid your rent. He paid for your groceries. All that you needed, He paid for. And then so much more. I'll thank Him now too. "Hashem Your kindness and generosity is astounding towards OP!!!!! You have showered her and her family with money, and more money, and then extra in the bank and even more towards investments. Thank You for establishing Your true will here in this world. You've put a smile on all our faces over your kindness towards OP. I know she's looking for every opportunity that she can find to give back to you and make You happy too. Hodu laHashem ki tov, ki leiolam chasdo!"

Looking forward to praising Hashem with You. Your fortune is coming! Hashem wants it. It will be here soon. Yeah Hashem!!!!!! Thank You Hashem!!!!!!

The more you believe/envision He will do it, the more you open up your vessel to receive from Him. Because He wants a relationship with you. That means you have to know who He is. Part of who He is, is provider for you, desiring to give. It's His will to give to you everything you need. He wants it!

I agree with this - Hashem is good and He created the world to do give and give you good.

But also, when things don't go well and you have no money - know that Hashem wants your reality too. Just like a child doesn't understand why you are forcing him to take medicine etc. we can't understand why we have to suffer financially.

Picture Hashem saying, Mamala, I know you don't understand My ways, but this is GOOD!
Work on acceptanace for the here and now and also say that in the future it will be even better. The best!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics