Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Back bedroom is very cold , ideas?

noidea

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:07 am
The whole house gets warm but don't know why back bedroom is very cold. Any ideas ? There is a radiator in that room and heats up like all the others in the house. The windows are closed and sealed. The attic above is well insulated. More ideas please ? Or what type of company I would call to try figure out the issue ?
Thanks in advance !

Dumbledore

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:12 am
noidea wrote:
The whole house gets warm but don't know why back bedroom is very cold. Any ideas ? There is a radiator in that room and heats up like all the others in the house. The windows are closed and sealed. The attic above is well insulated. More ideas please ? Or what type of company I would call to try figure out the issue ?
Thanks in advance !

Does that room have windows? No draft coming from anywhere?

cholentfan1

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:25 am
There may be a draft coming from somewhere. We have one room in the house that is cold. It has a large window, plus it doesn't get much sun, and no matter what you do, it's never that warm.
Also is the radiator actually hot? Sometimes a radiator needs 'bleeding' as there's too much air and it doesn't get that hot. You should be able to feel the same temperature at the top and bottom of the radiator. Or the radiator isn't large enough for the size room.

noidea

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:26 am
Dumbledore wrote:
Does that room have windows? No draft coming from anywhere?

Yes it has 2 windows and we had someone come recently to make sure we'll sealed

noidea

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:27 am
cholentfan1 wrote:
There may be a draft coming from somewhere. We have one room in the house that is cold. It has a large window, plus it doesn't get much sun, and no matter what you do, it's never that warm.
Also is the radiator actually hot? Sometimes a radiator needs 'bleeding' as there's too much air and it doesn't get that hot. You should be able to feel the same temperature at the top and bottom of the radiator. Or the radiator isn't large enough for the size room.

I wouldn't say it's hot to the touch but definitely warm. What do you mean by bleeding ? And how could I fix that ? Thanks!

Dumbledore

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:54 am
noidea wrote:
Yes it has 2 windows and we had someone come recently to make sure we'll sealed

So my bedroom was always freezing and I figured out I had an empty outlet socket that wasn't insulated. But it was still cold after so I covered my windows from top to bottom with a plastic tablecloth and tape and that helped tremendously .

Mocha

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 11:17 am
Had this in one bedroom. I called down a company and they figured out the wall isn’t properly insulated. The insulated it for me, repainted the wall, and it’s much better since then

noidea

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 12:00 pm
Mocha wrote:
Had this in one bedroom. I called down a company and they figured out the wall isn’t properly insulated. The insulated it for me, repainted the wall, and it’s much better since then

What type of company ?

Mocha

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 12:08 pm
noidea wrote:
What type of company ?

A general handyman company.
I used https://www.gethandi.com/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics