Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller recommendations

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:33 pm
Having a baby after a bit of gap and my old stroller is not quite in good enough condition so I will need a new one.
This is probably my last baby so I don't want to spend too much but I need something that my teens won't be embarrassed to push. Even though I don't care they definitely will.

I need a stroller with an easy fold and that can fit easily in the car. Also, would prefer something that can be used from birth without a bassinet. Or a bassinet stroller that's not too expensive.

I would prefer a stroller that the seat can be both ways so baby can face me but it's not the most important thing on my list

I'm hoping there might be some black Friday sales so might be worth it to buy now.

Thanks

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 8:10 pm
Sorry I posted this on another thread too but I stand by it - for not spending much but being trendy enough for your teens (lol) try Facebook marketplace. Lots of higher end strollers going for lower prices (<$300 often)

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 8:11 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
Sorry I posted this on another thread too but I stand by it - for not spending much but being trendy enough for your teens (lol) try Facebook marketplace. Lots of higher end strollers going for lower prices (<$300 often)

im alwas nervous bc idk the quality and theres no warranty. have you been successful?

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 8:13 pm
I'm extremely happy with uppababy cruz
Probably good black Friday deals now

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:10 pm
True there's no warranty but you try to go with something known to be durable so you don't have problems. And if you only paid 1-200 for the stroller then you can probably afford a replacement part if you really need.

I did buy my stroller through fb marketplace. I tested its functioning in the seller's driveway before committing to the sale and did some homework online beforehand to see if it was a good type of stroller. So far so good. I was also looking for a later in life replacement so I'm fine if it's good for now, very unlikely to need it to last more than 1-2 babies.

Uppababy doesn't lie flat, unless you mean that the back is flat while the legs are in the air...I had that for one of my kids who seemed to like it just fine but I don't understand it.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 2:52 am
Uppababy cruz is not suitable from birth without a bassinet.
Is the city mini gt too unfashionable? I find it's the most practical-the seat lies flat, allowing it to be used from birth, it has a great push and the fold is just so easy and it folds quite small. You can attach a bassinet or car seat if you want. For parent facing look at the city tour lux which is their more compact stroller.
Are you looking to be mainly in and out cars? In which case you can look at the travel strollers-uppababy minu, joolz aer, city tour, babyzen yoyo etc.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 5:48 am
Colugo released a new stroller that looks nice. I don't know the exact details, because I'm not currently in the market, but I've liked their products in the past.
Hicolugo.com

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 6:39 am
amother Hyacinth wrote:
Uppababy cruz is not suitable from birth without a bassinet.
Is the city mini gt too unfashionable? I find it's the most practical-the seat lies flat, allowing it to be used from birth, it has a great push and the fold is just so easy and it folds quite small. You can attach a bassinet or car seat if you want. For parent facing look at the city tour lux which is their more compact stroller.
Are you looking to be mainly in and out cars? In which case you can look at the travel strollers-uppababy minu, joolz aer, city tour, babyzen yoyo etc.

I am replacing an older style city mini and would love to replace it with a new citi mini since I really found it to be a very practical stroller but I think my teens would not be happy. I know it seems silly but I don't want them to refuse to push the stroller. Is there anything similar that would be considered more stylish?

I'm not so excited about buying a used stroller.

Brit in Israel

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 6:55 am
Check Cybex they have a few types that should be what you are looking for.

I know the Cybex eezy S twist +2 has a cocoon you can buy instead of the bassinet.
The + is for the bigger wheels which I like for stairs and bumps but you can get it with smaller wheels which is like the compact strollers that fold extra small.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 7:16 am
Brit in Israel wrote:
Check Cybex they have a few types that should be what you are looking for.

I know the Cybex eezy S twist +2 has a cocoon you can buy instead of the bassinet.
The + is for the bigger wheels which I like for stairs and bumps but you can get it with smaller wheels which is like the compact strollers that fold extra small.

How is the fold on the cybex? How easy it to take in and out of a car?

Iymnok

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 7:21 am
I borrowed the Yoyo from my sister for the first 4 months. I used it with the cocoon attachment. I then got a used uppababy Cruz. I also am older with teens who need a cute stroller to show off their baby in. These were good enough.

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 8:15 am
Imo the cute baby will be enough for the teens to show off. Only one of my teens is really fashion conscious but I can't imagine her *refusing* to take the baby for a walk if my stroller were nerdy. Maybe I'm naive. I happen to have a cute stroller so who knows. But it sounds kind of wild to me.

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 10:20 am
https://goodbuygear.com/produc.....ge-12
I have bought from this site multiple times the stuff is practically brand new. I suggest the bugaboo bee.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 10:52 am
Another great option is to buy an open box stroller on Amazon warehouse. They sell deeply discounted strollers that people returned. I got a new cruz for a great price and was able to register for a warranty.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 12:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
I am replacing an older style city mini and would love to replace it with a new citi mini since I really found it to be a very practical stroller but I think my teens would not be happy. I know it seems silly but I don't want them to refuse to push the stroller. Is there anything similar that would be considered more stylish?

I'm not so excited about buying a used stroller.

city tour lux-it's smaller than the city mini, but can be parent facing and possibly looks more stylish. Not quite as practical as the city mini-that would be the city tour, but the lux does look nicer imo.
https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jo.....ss_tl
Also what if you were to get the city mini in a nice color, would they like that-like the purple if it was a girl?
Or something like this
https://www.amazon.com/Premier.....ss_tl
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics