Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Shabbos Chazon and guests??

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 2:56 am
Would you have guests the shabbos right before 9 av in this case erev??

I had invited my brother's kalla as this is one of the last weeks she is in israel before going back to England. she's here still this week and next week but next week she couldn't do it.

dh said it wasn't such agreat shabbos, but on the other hand I do want to make her feel part of the familly....

next time she'll it'll be with her husband my brother....

btw I'm also just making a regular shabbo... no extras...

Sparkle

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 3:07 am
Shabbos is Shabbos. There is no aveilus on Shabbos. I see no problem with it at all.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 3:37 am
You are not supposed to have guests on Shabbos Chazon. But guests means friends etc, not people who need a place for Shabbos because they wouldn't have one otherwise (they don't have the physical/ spiritual means for the seudos).

If she is by herself in Israel and needs to be somewhere for Shabbos anyway, I don't see there would be a problem. If she is staying somewhere where she has Shabbos arrangements and this is for 'fun' it would be problematic. Ask your LOR.

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 3:40 am
shal it's not for fun.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note