Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Need ideas for my 5 year old daughter

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 8:44 pm
My daughter received floortime therapy for 6 months because she has a sensory processing issue, struggles with language comprehension and has very bad anxiety especially when it comes to any change in her routine. She can also become disregulated easily when she is tired, hungry, bored or anxious and can react very strongly to situations by crying, screaming and hitting. I'm looking for someone who can help her but not sure where to go and one big reason is because it's very expensive to pay out of pocket. For certain reasons, I had to end the therapy with the other place I was using for my daughter so I'm at a loss now. Does anyone have ideas for things I can do with my daughter at home for now? Any specific toys I can buy which would help her out? I'm also looking for exercises that can strengthen her arms, legs and core. I would very much appreciate any input.

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 9:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
My daughter received floortime therapy for 6 months because she has a sensory processing issue, struggles with language comprehension and has very bad anxiety especially when it comes to any change in her routine. She can also become disregulated easily when she is tired, hungry, bored or anxious and can react very strongly to situations by crying, screaming and hitting. I'm looking for someone who can help her but not sure where to go and one big reason is because it's very expensive to pay out of pocket. For certain reasons, I had to end the therapy with the other place I was using for my daughter so I'm at a loss now. Does anyone have ideas for things I can do with my daughter at home for now? Any specific toys I can buy which would help her out? I'm also looking for exercises that can strengthen her arms, legs and core. I would very much appreciate any input.

I have a very similar 5 year old and have been looking for a floor time provider.
How did your find yours?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 9:45 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:
I have a very similar 5 year old and have been looking for a floor time provider.
How did your find yours?

I took her for an evaluation with Sara Baila Schechter and one of the recommendations I received was for Encore Floortime Therapy so I looked in to it since that seemed to be the only therapy that I could get covered with my insurance.

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 9:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
I took her for an evaluation with Sara Baila Schechter and one of the recommendations I received was for Encore Floortime Therapy so I looked in to it since that seemed to be the only therapy that I could get covered with my insurance.

Was the provider actually floortine certified or just "supervised" by a floortime certified provider?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics