Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My baby is bored!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 8:56 am
3 month old and loves company and toys!
I have the typical rattles and stuff. I need ideas of some interesting toys where I can sit him into, rather than just handing it to him.
He obviously doesn’t sit yet, so he can’t be in the walker yet. I do have an infant seat with toys, but I wouldn’t mind, another place I can put him into when it’s playtime.

I have a floor mat too but he hates it.

Sebastian

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:05 am
Put him on his belly on the mat. It doesnt matter if he hates it. Sit with him. Once he gets stronger he will play nicely on the mat. Please dont use walkers or exersaucers. They are terrible for dev elopement

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:06 am
Do you have a mobile? My kids all loved (an older version of) this

https://a.co/d/8VLrfLT

gootlfriends

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:08 am
At that age they can sit supported on your lap and you can look at baby books. I firmly believe in tummy time on mommy's lap. This way they don't feel alone and it's more comfy than the floor.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:11 am
Sebastian wrote:
Put him on his belly on the mat. It doesnt matter if he hates it. Sit with him. Once he gets stronger he will play nicely on the mat. Please dont use walkers or exersaucers. They are terrible for dev elopement

He actually does lots of belly time in his bed, he just doesn’t like the mat.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:16 am
My baby is the same age. I put him on the mat on his stomach until he shows signs of dislike and then I flip him over. I see the time spent on his stomach is gradually increasing. Still likes his back more

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:16 am
Babies don't get bored. They do need to see or be held by a parent fairly often and they also tire easily because they are so small. Many parents mistake tiredness for boredom and increase the stimulation! Just because something stops the crying temporarily doesn't mean it was what baby needed.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:20 am
amother Carnation wrote:
Do you have a mobile? My kids all loved (an older version of) this

https://a.co/d/8VLrfLT

Yes thanks!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:21 am
gootlfriends wrote:
At that age they can sit supported on your lap and you can look at baby books. I firmly believe in tummy time on mommy's lap. This way they don't feel alone and it's more comfy than the floor.

I hold him a lot and spend a lot of time with him, but I’m specifically looking for something he can use during free play so I can get something done.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:22 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
My baby is the same age. I put him on the mat on his stomach until he shows signs of dislike and then I flip him over. I see the time spent on his stomach is gradually increasing. Still likes his back more

Again, he likes his stomach but not on his mat.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:23 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
Babies don't get bored. They do need to see or be held by a parent fairly often and they also tire easily because they are so small. Many parents mistake tiredness for boredom and increase the stimulation! Just because something stops the crying temporarily doesn't mean it was what baby needed.

I totally agree with this concept… but I still want a variety of toys for him!

scintilla

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:44 am
Look up sensory strands by lovevery. They are made to go on the lovevery gym, so I don't know if they would work for a different play gym, but they are so fun for babies of that age to play with while laying on their back. Very nicely made. I don't know of an alternative but they have Velcro closures so I would think they should be able to attach to anything.

You can also hang a piece of parchment paper or get crinkly paper and put him in a way that he will kick it, the sound is very fun at this age. There are also black and white books with soft crinkly pages that are great for this age, very good brain stimulation. A mirror for tummy time is fun if you do mirrors at this age, and you can get rattle socks or bracelets that can go around wrists and ankles.

If he loves company, he would probably enjoy laying on the kitchen floor on a blanket while you talk or sing to him and then you can get stuff done too! Probably wouldn't last long because he is still so small but would give you a few minutes.

I know I said black and white above but just realized that this age is when they start seeing colors, so board books with primary colors (what they see first) is fun too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics