Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
PSA $350 bonus for opening checking acct - expired
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 8:08 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
I made two external deposits from my Chase account. But I still have not received any bonus and its been 2-3 weeks... any idea why?

Same, though not as long ago. Did you figure out what's up? Do the external bank transfers not count for this?

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 8:11 pm
Can I just leave the account empty and open? It looks like there's no minimum balance?

amother
Petunia

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 8:13 pm
[quote="seeker"]Same, though not as long ago. Did you figure out what's up? Do the external bank transfers not count for this?

Same.and it's been a few weeks....of anyone finds out let me know

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 8:15 pm
amother Orange wrote:
Can I just leave the account empty and open? It looks like there's no minimum balance?

Yes and yes, there’s no minimum balance.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 4:07 pm
I called capitol one because I did not receive my bonus and they said its not valid bec I transferred from another bank account and it has to be from an outside source Sad
Oh well

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 4:20 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
I called capitol one because I did not receive my bonus and they said its not valid bec I transferred from another bank account and it has to be from an outside source Sad
Oh well

That's weird. I got my bonus from transfers from chase account. Not sure why it's not working for my husband account though Sad

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 6:10 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
Oh well

There’s probably a different reason that the rep isn’t knowledgeable enough to notice. This thread is full of people who did it by transferring from another bank account, myself and my husband included.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 7:39 pm
I was just going to come on to post the same thing! Finally got around to calling them. Rep said depending how the other bank does the transfer, sometimes it shows up as direct deposit and sometimes not, and because it's how it comes from the other end he can't say what it is they're doing that makes the difference. He suggested trying zelle or a different external account but noted that he can't tell from here whether it will work. He just said to try it asap so the promotion doesn't end on me.

So I switched my zelle to this account and I'm waiting for dh to zelle me back the 250 I just zelled him and we'll see what happens. If I hurry, I may also be able to switch my work direct deposit to this account just in time. But zelle is so much easier.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 7:49 pm
seeker wrote:
I was just going to come on to post the same thing! Finally got around to calling them. Rep said depending how the other bank does the transfer, sometimes it shows up as direct deposit and sometimes not, and because it's how it comes from the other end he can't say what it is they're doing that makes the difference. He suggested trying zelle or a different external account but noted that he can't tell from here whether it will work. He just said to try it asap so the promotion doesn't end on me.

So I switched my zelle to this account and I'm waiting for dh to zelle me back the 250 I just zelled him and we'll see what happens. If I hurry, I may also be able to switch my work direct deposit to this account just in time. But zelle is so much easier.

I zelled myself by making my email address my zelle for my chase acct and my cell phone number my zelle for my cap one acct

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 9:43 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
I zelled myself by making my email address my zelle for my chase acct and my cell phone number my zelle for my cap one acct

I'm not sure how to do that because I already had my email and phone linked to the same account before.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:56 pm
How long did it take for the bonus to come in? Im 9 days after transfer.

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:26 pm
amother Wine wrote:
How long did it take for the bonus to come in? Im 9 days after transfer.

What type of transfer?

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 4:14 pm
seeker wrote:
What type of transfer?

I transfered from a chase account

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 5:06 pm
Yeah that didn't work for me. Try zelle or a different bank.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 6:15 pm
seeker wrote:
I'm not sure how to do that because I already had my email and phone linked to the same account before.

Just add it to capital one and it'll say "this phone number is already linked to a zelle account. Do you want to unlink it from the other account and link it here instead". Wrote yes and Tada your good
Page 10 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 Recent Topics