Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Looking for a safety lock for my corner vanity cabinet

tova4

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 12:31 pm
hi, I keep all my detergents in my cabinet under the bathroom sink which is a corner cabinet.
I'm finding it quite challenging to find a lock that will work for this type of cabinet.
I would greatly appreciate all suggestions.
I'm attaching some pictures and a YouTube clip, so that you can understand what I'm talking about.
thanks so much
Tova

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:06 pm
You need 2 locks, one for each door.
The magnetic ones are the easiest - indidna quick Google search and this one showed up so not this in particular necessarily , but this idea..

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-.....D_BwE

tova4

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:57 pm
the problem is though that because this is a vanity, I.e. it is the cabinet underneath the sink, there is no proper "roof" to the cabinet, where I can paste the magnetic locks.
I bought the "Vmaisi Adhesive Magnetic Cabinet Locks" but it does not fit on the bit of roof I have of the cabinet, and also the roof does not meet the door, so the magnet does not work.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:10 pm
Why don't you put child lock on bathroom door so toddler can't get into the bathroom?

tova4

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:20 pm
it is just much harder for me to control that everyone in the house remembers to always close the bathroom door. It feels much safer to me if I can find a lock for this cabinet.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:45 pm
What about the kind of lock meant for a refrigerator? You can attach to one side of the cabinet or vertically to the countertop?

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:17 pm
I can't tell what kind of handles you have on your vanity, but a rubber band or ponytail holder (wound around tightly) works wonderfully for the knob handles on my kitchen cabinets and keeps my toddler out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics