Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Tzitzis and camp

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 9:22 am
Can someone explain this to me? I was looking at the packing list from last year for the camp hes iyh going to this summer. (Was trying to shop some stuff Black Friday) and I saw they said 2 pairs of tzitzis.. how does this work?? My son is 11 he wears the cotton u dershirt tzisis. And he wears it once and it goes in the laundry. Especially in the summer he will be sweating a ton. Can someone clarify what I’m meant to send in terms of tzizis? And how does it work with laundry? Sorry if this is basic he’s my first boy.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 9:23 am
If you use it as an undershirt you need as many as they’d write undershirts. 2 is for those who use it separately and don’t wear a fresh one every day.

dena613

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 9:36 am
Who will wash the tzitzis for him?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 9:55 am
dena613 wrote:
Who will wash the tzitzis for him?

That’s my question.. I can’t imagine camp laundry washing tzisis

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:02 am
I would not send undershirt tzitzis. I would send undershirts with regular tzitzis to be worn over it, and don't put the tzitzis in the camp laundry. Halachically it is far preferable to not have the garment of the tzitzis worn directly on the skin anyway.

happy7

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:04 am
Most boys wear an undershirt and tzitzis on top.
They do NOT wash their tzitzis after every wear.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:32 am
amother Garnet wrote:
I would not send undershirt tzitzis. I would send undershirts with regular tzitzis to be worn over it, and don't put the tzitzis in the camp laundry. Halachically it is far preferable to not have the garment of the tzitzis worn directly on the skin anyway.

Isn’t that a lot of layers especially in the summer? Undershirt, tzitzis and tshirt? I asked my son he told me everyone in his class aside forms. Few boys wears the undershirt tzitzis… I think they switch at bar mitzva

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:56 am
amother OP wrote:
Isn’t that a lot of layers especially in the summer? Undershirt, tzitzis and tshirt? I asked my son he told me everyone in his class aside forms. Few boys wears the undershirt tzitzis… I think they switch at bar mitzva

Ok but unless you teach him how to wash them in the sink, I'm not sure how that would work in camp.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 11:05 am
amother Garnet wrote:
Ok but unless you teach him how to wash them in the sink, I'm not sure how that would work in camp.

Ok that’s what I was wondering how it’s normally done at this age. I guess I’ll buy regular tzisis and u dershirts

care4u

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 11:24 am
I bought more than 2 pairs. Like 6.
They lose them quickly. 13 yo boy. Reg tzitizis.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 1:01 pm
I sent 12 pairs the first year and told him to put in mesh bag in white laundry. Came out ok. BH he graduated to the regular style tzitzis the next year

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 1:18 pm
amother Tan wrote:
I sent 12 pairs the first year and told him to put in mesh bag in white laundry. Came out ok. BH he graduated to the regular style tzitzis the next year

Oh interesting ok thanks for that idea. I guess I’ll ask him which he would rather.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics