Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Oh that stinks! Pun intended or not?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 9:14 pm
I had a virtual visit with my doc yesterday. I guess a new way of billing insurance? A 2 week postpartum check in.
Anyway, Dr asks me how I’m doing and if I have any questions for her. I ask her how long I can expect the night sweats to last? Her answer: “that can take a few months, especially with the breastfeeding. I know, that stinks”
LOL

Share your punny stories please!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 9:16 pm
It was on the tip of my tongue to ask her if it was pun intended or not but decided not to risk it lol!

amother
Lotus

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 9:21 pm
Was talking to a coworker (pregnant lady) about laboring with my first:
"I was willing to try without an epidural, but when push came to shove, I took it"

On an unrelated note, I'm looking for a new job, any leads?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
I had a virtual visit with my doc yesterday. I guess a new way of billing insurance? A 2 week postpartum check in.
Anyway, Dr asks me how I’m doing and if I have any questions for her. I ask her how long I can expect the night sweats to last? Her answer: “that can take a few months, especially with the breastfeeding. I know, that stinks”
LOL

Share your punny stories please!

But in all seriousness when. Will it stop. I'm 10 days post partum and I have already had enough of showering twice a day and changing my bedding daily

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:12 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
But in all seriousness when. Will it stop. I'm 10 days post partum and I have already had enough of showering twice a day and changing my bedding daily

She said it should be better by 6 weeks, but can last a few months…
For me, I wake up fully soaked and because I’m so tired, and barely getting sleep between feeds I am too lazy to change… so I go from sweating to freezing from being so wet and alternate like that all night…

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
She said it should be better by 6 weeks, but can last a few months…
For me, I wake up fully soaked and because I’m so tired, and barely getting sleep between feeds I am too lazy to change… so I go from sweating to freezing from being so wet and alternate like that all night…

My baby is 4 years old & my night sweats didn't go away yet...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:15 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
My baby is 4 years old & my night sweats didn't go away yet...

Did you check your thyroid?

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:20 pm
Less of a pun, more like a wrong phrasing....
Ok my Hebrew is EXTREMELY poor (went to a chassidish anti-Israel school even though I'm litvish as anything and come from a pro-Israel home - don't ask)
so I'll write it in English since I don't know the correct term.
Happened to an aunt of mine. She once came to a store in Israel and the owner, who was very highly pregnant, was sitting outside. My aunt tried to ask in Hebrew "Are you (meaning the store) open?" but instead the phrase she used apparently meant, "Are you dilated?"
The owner practically chased her out of the building she was so insulted LOL

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:42 pm
Pewter I’m laughing my head off here!!

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:50 pm
amother Pewter wrote:
Less of a pun, more like a wrong phrasing....
Ok my Hebrew is EXTREMELY poor (went to a chassidish anti-Israel school even though I'm litvish as anything and come from a pro-Israel home - don't ask)
so I'll write it in English since I don't know the correct term.
Happened to an aunt of mine. She once came to a store in Israel and the owner, who was very highly pregnant, was sitting outside. My aunt tried to ask in Hebrew "Are you (meaning the store) open?" but instead the phrase she used apparently meant, "Are you dilated?"
The owner practically chased her out of the building she was so insulted LOL

Literally Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

NechaMom

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 11:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
It was on the tip of my tongue to ask her if it was pun intended or not but decided not to risk it lol!

It’s good she didn’t tell you “don’t sweat the small stuff!”
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics