Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Delicious recipe with slivered or sliced almonds

Maryann

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 9:32 pm
I have these in my house , anyone have a really good cookie or dessert I can make with them? Thank you!

613mitzvahgirl

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 10:42 pm
I don’t know any recipes off hand, but I’d say you can put them on top of chocolate chip cookies and I know you didn’t want a salad recipe, but I can tell you it’s delicious in broccoli salad. Enjoy

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 11:20 pm
I put them in rice and green beans but for dessert, they should be good in a biscotti...

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 11:29 pm
Raspberry oat bars from silver platter cookbook Yumm!!!

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 11:43 pm
Delicious in broccoli salad and cabbage salad and green bean almondine.

Amarante

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 9:24 am
These are sublime but you would also need a bit of almond paste Smile

MANDELHÖRNCHEN - Chocolate-Dipped Almond Crescents

Source: Luisa Weiss - Classic German Baking

MAKES ABOUT 10 COOKIES

7 ounces/200g almond paste
¼ cup/50g granulated sugar
1 egg white
1 cup/85g blanched sliced almonds
3½ ounces/100g bittersweet chocolate (minimum 50% cacao), chopped

1 Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2 Cut or tear the almond paste into small pieces or grate it on a box grater’s largest holes and place in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment. Add the sugar and egg white. Beat together until creamy and uniform, 1 to 2 minutes.

3 Place the sliced almonds in a wide, shallow bowl. Place a bowl of cold water nearby. Dip your hands in the cold water, and then take a piece (about one-tenth) of the almond dough and roll out evenly to 4½ inches/11cm long. Place the log in the bowl of sliced almonds and turn to coat evenly all over. Place the log on the prepared baking sheet and form it into a crescent. Repeat with the remaining dough and almonds.

4 Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the almonds are toasted and the cookie dough is golden brown and gently puffed. Place the baking sheet on a rack to cool.

5 When the crescents are completely cool, melt the chopped chocolate in a double boiler set over simmering water or in a microwave in short bursts, stirring after every few bursts. Brush the bottom of each cookie thinly with some of the melted chocolate and then dip the ends of each crescent about ¾ inch/2cm into the melted chocolate if you wish. Place the cookies on the lined baking sheet, chocolate-side down, to set the chocolate, about 1 hour.

6 When the chocolate is fully set, transfer the cookies to an airtight container, where they will keep for up to 1 week.

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics