Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Some are heavy some super soft -re bedding

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 3:03 pm
I have some bedding which are 200-300 thread count like calvin klein and ted baker and they are soft light and comfortable.

then there are brands like harlequin and christy with the same thread count and they are so heavy and hard and uncomfortable and they are all 100% cotton?

zaq

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 3:40 pm
Thread count is only one indication of quality, and not necessarily the best one. Many other factors go into the feel of cloth, among them the overall quality of the cotton (just as not all tomatoes are equally tasty, not all cotton is of equally good quality), the type of weave, thickness of the thread (thread count doesn't tell you anything about how thick the individual threads are; for the same thread count, fabric with a thicker thread will be heavier and tighter), any finish added to the fabric (e.g. for stain resistance, smoothness, wrinkle-resistance), and more.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 6:27 am
zaq wrote:
Thread count is only one indication of quality, and not necessarily the best one. Many other factors go into the feel of cloth, among them the overall quality of the cotton (just as not all tomatoes are equally tasty, not all cotton is of equally good quality), the type of weave, thickness of the thread (thread count doesn't tell you anything about how thick the individual threads are; for the same thread count, fabric with a thicker thread will be heavier and tighter), any finish added to the fabric (e.g. for stain resistance, smoothness, wrinkle-resistance), and more.

I think it makes sense what you are saying.

I bought bedding with 200 thread count and it is eygyptian, italian or uk cotton.
its lovely and am very happy with it,

the 200 thread count made in pakistan is jut not the same.

would pakistan bedding in general be cheaper/inferior quality?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics