Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Bnos shoshana info

shirs

Post Sat, Dec 09 2023, 1:45 pm
I haven't found much info online so I'm asking here. Does anyone have a dd there now and can honestly tell me about the staff, girls, hashkafa and academic level? What are the shabbos arrangements? Can they stay in sem over shabbos? Pls post any info u have

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sat, Dec 09 2023, 6:50 pm
My daughter went last year and had a great time. We’re Lakewood but not super yeshivish as in we have smartphones and interne, but we dress tznius and are not into things such as not clean movies and non Jewish music. Many of her friends were simlilar. But my daughter got the feeling that the seminary was really aiming for a very yeshivish crowd but ended up with the crowd they got because it was still new and trying to establish itself. Some of the girls there were very very yeshivish. I got the feeling it was a friendly group, with a lot of out of towers, and some from Brooklyn , Monsey and Lakewood. My daughter heard the crowd this year is more yeshivish. They have Shabbos in the seminary.

shirs

Post Sat, Dec 09 2023, 7:04 pm
Thank you for answering! My dd sounds similar to yours, no non jewish music but occasionally she will watch a clean non jewish movie, has filtered internet access but is very tsnius.I'm trying to figure out if it's too yeshivish for my dd.. so hard to figure it out as I know no one there now!! Do they preach kollel lifestyle or do they teach about different ways to live etc.. Idk if this makes a diff but we live in Europe.
What do u think?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 1:28 pm
Anyone?
What is the group of girls like?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info