Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Are you downstairs dressed before your kids go to school
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 6:48 pm
Sounds like most of your have older kids and later jobs. My kids are 6 and below, 3 of them are on busses, one is at a playgroup and one is home with a babysitter.
I wake up 6:30, get dressed, put up coffee, wake up and dress the kids while my husband goes to a 7:00 minyan, by 7:45 everyone is dressed, hair done, we eat breakfast, write Mitzva notes, pack snacks (thank you Hashem for school lunches), make myself lunch and breakfast, my husband gets home 8:00, I run like crazy to get a shaitel and makeup on snd leave 8:15 while my husband watches the kids play and gets them onto their busses.

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 9:43 pm
I wake my son (morning vocational program, homeschools in the afternoon) at 6 and make sure he eats and takes meds. I go back to sleep till 6:30. I wake my daughter (school starts 8:00) and make sure she eats and takes meds. I go back to sleep till 6:53. At 6:53 I make sure my son has done his teeth and deodorant and packed a snack and send him outside to wait for the bus which comes by 7. Then I make sure my daughter has done her teeth and deodorant and packed a lunch and I brush her hair because chas v'shalom she should brush it herself. Smile Then I usually go back to bed till 8:00 meanwhile she meets her bus outside around 7:50. So between 6 and 8 I'm not dressed, but I'm semi awake kinda sorta. If she demands I drive her to school I don't get dressed for it--- I throw on a jacket.

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 9:47 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
Sounds like most of your have older kids and later jobs. My kids are 6 and below, 3 of them are on busses, one is at a playgroup and one is home with a babysitter.
I wake up 6:30, get dressed, put up coffee, wake up and dress the kids while my husband goes to a 7:00 minyan, by 7:45 everyone is dressed, hair done, we eat breakfast, write Mitzva notes, pack snacks (thank you Hashem for school lunches), make myself lunch and breakfast, my husband gets home 8:00, I run like crazy to get a shaitel and makeup on snd leave 8:15 while my husband watches the kids play and gets them onto their busses.

I don't have older kids, my oldest is 9.
Dh davens at 645, is home about about an hour later. He wakes up the kids and gets them on their buses by 8:00. Takes the baby to the babysitter at 845 and then goes to work.
I wake up 815 or so and leave the house by 9. I'm at work by 930. I would never take a job that required me to start earlier because waking up early is impossible for me. However I do sometimes work remotely in the evenings for a bit

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 9:50 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
Thank you. I feel sooo guilty. No one gets how hard it is...

Getting up with my kids every day is so so hard for me, it’s killer. But you just do what you gotta do.

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 11:29 pm
I set my alarm 5 min before my first kid who hasn’t get up so I can prepare breakfast and say good bye. Don’t want them to leave the house without proper send off. It’s a long day and they need breakfast and warm goodbye
Even if my DH is taking them to the bus I still get up.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 11:45 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
Kah! Teach me your ways!

ima_bima

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 12:21 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
Wow. I was waiting for the, "Kidding. I wake up after snoozing my alarm thirteen times, push and nag and finally yell at my kids to get out of bed, and everyone makes it onto the bus while still combing their hair with a banana in their hand for breakfast at the last minute" but you were serious. I'm impressed!!! Also can I move in to your house for the mornings???

Lol! My home is open to 'kids at heart' too! Hi
I live in 30 mins from Gaza, so hopefully the booms won't change your mind Tongue Out

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 1:32 pm
amother Scarlet wrote:
I get up either before or together with my kids. Toddler-teens. My kids like to chat with me in the morning, I'd hate not being available for them.
I don't think kids of any age should be getting up & ready for school, while mom sleeps in. Barring an emergency or extenuating circumstances, of course.
(Bachurim that leave at 6:30 AM are a different category. But my mom always gets out of bed to see the boys off.)

What about if mom sleeps in but dad is available for them
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics