Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
North woodmere mikvah

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 10:57 pm
Hi, I know there isn’t yet a mikvah in actual north woodmere but it’s in the works. So what do the women do when mikvah comes out Friday night?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 8:17 am
Bump

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 9:02 am
They either walk to south shore, go away for shabbos or push off to motzai shabbos

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 10:44 am
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
They either walk to south shore, go away for shabbos or push off to motzai shabbos

Is south shore the closest mikvah to walk to?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 08 2023, 2:48 am
Bumping this. Is there a mikvah there now? I heard one opened but I can’t find any info online

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 08 2023, 9:02 am
Bumping again

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 8:13 am
No one?

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 8:20 am
think the shul kodesh has a friday night mikvah
check their website

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 8:34 am
amother Slateblue wrote:
think the shul kodesh has a friday night mikvah
check their website

Thanks so much. I. Did but there’s no specific info. I’m wondering about how it works. Where is the entrance? Will you run into men leaving shul? Wondering who the attendants are? Did anyone have a good experience? I didn’t end up having to go Friday night but I would just like to know for the future and I am the type I like to know what to expect but there was very little info on the website. Just a link to make an appointment

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 8:49 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks so much. I. Did but there’s no specific info. I’m wondering about how it works. Where is the entrance? Will you run into men leaving shul? Wondering who the attendants are? Did anyone have a good experience? I didn’t end up having to go Friday night but I would just like to know for the future and I am the type I like to know what to expect but there was very little info on the website. Just a link to make an appointment

sorry I do not know more information. Never used it. I don't live in north woodmere

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 9:03 am
I’ve been to it. It’s beautiful. When I went the attendant was prob in her mid 40s but I heard now it’s a young girl who is the Mikva attendant so it can be weird … you make an appt then someone texts you with all the info. They made a back entrance on longacre so you will not run into any men

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 12:26 pm
www.beiskodesh.org/nwmikvah

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 2:50 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
I’ve been to it. It’s beautiful. When I went the attendant was prob in her mid 40s but I heard now it’s a young girl who is the Mikva attendant so it can be weird … you make an appt then someone texts you with all the info. They made a back entrance on longacre so you will not run into any men

Ugh.. that does not make me comfortable at all. Like it could be someone I carpool with? Thanks for the heads up. I don’t think I can handle using it if that’s the case.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 2:50 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
www.beiskodesh.org/nwmikvah

Thanks! I saw this but no further info other than make an appointment

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 3:16 pm
“Ugh.. that does not make me comfortable at all. Like it could be someone I carpool with? Thanks for the heads up. I don’t think I can handle using it if that’s the case.”

Send them an email to find out who it is. Nw is huge could be u don’t know her. I believe its someone who davens in kodesh and from your question doesn’t seem like you do so might be fine for u

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 8:54 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
“Ugh.. that does not make me comfortable at all. Like it could be someone I carpool with? Thanks for the heads up. I don’t think I can handle using it if that’s the case.”

Send them an email to find out who it is. Nw is huge could be u don’t know her. I believe its someone who davens in kodesh and from your question doesn’t seem like you do so might be fine for u

Thanks. Nw is not THAT huge. And I know plenty of pple at kodesh. I don’t get why they would have a young girl/woman doing that job. Am I crazy? I’m young too I can’t imagine someone my age watching me
Also what is the email? I didn’t see any on the website
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating