Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo Donkey

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 9:22 am
Hi! I’m in need of a double stroller, but I don’t really love my single stroller either. I just have a cheap travel one. I was thinking of getting the Donkey Duo, and then being able to use it as a single when it’s just my baby. Does that make sense? Anyone have experience with the Donkey? I’m not so worried about getting in/out of car, I have a travel stroller for that.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 9:23 am
I have one, it's extremely heavy and bulky (and wide), but it looks amazing and is really strong, plus the seats both parent face. I wouldn't use it as a single as it's still so big as a single, and making it from a double to single and back is annoying.

amother
Lightblue

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 9:34 am
Bugaboo donkey is perfect for twins but really not convenient as a regular double

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 9:57 am
It's very big but has a great push.

bnm

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 10:00 am
Loved it as a double for different age kids. Was not meant for quick in and out of the car trips. I used it as a single too but had a smaller single also.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 10:28 am
The donkey is big. It pushes great, but it is very big and annoying for the car. And although it does go smaller in single mode, it is still much larger than a regular single stroller and I wouldn't choose it as my single on a regular basis, especially if I'm using the car.
If you're doing a lot of walking and you're not bothered by the size, then it's a great stroller.

tweety1

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 10:57 am
I bought it recently. I have the Buffalo- discontinued donkey in single. It's 13 years old and still going Strong. Because I love the Buffalo so much I got the donkey. I use it as a regular double stroller. I love it!! So easy to wheel and bump up/down steps. It is big but I don't even feel it when pushing it because it feels so lightweight
It's very annoying for the car but it's not an issue for me. When I go with the car I don't need a double stroller.

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 10:59 am
I love my donkey as a single and a double as long as I'm not in and out of the car. I actually mainly use mine as a single and I love that the basket is right there so don't need to bend down or rummage through a diaper bag for things. Super convenient, great push, perfect walking stroller imo as long as you don't walk through crowded streets all the time. I don't find it so annoying to switch to a double either.

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 12:44 pm
I love the donkey as a single and double. I have it now for almost 13 years. Got it when it just came out and barely used the cameleon (single bugaboo) since because it was so convenient to use as both! I love the basket on the side it’s really practical and it wheels amazing

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 12:49 pm
It’s the best double stroller in my opinion.

I have mine for 13 years and it’s still in excellent condition.

Although it’s not meant for in and out of cars

amother
White

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 12:52 pm
Loved and hated my donkey. Huge and heavy, but such a beautiful neat look and wheels very smooth.
My kids seemed comfy and cozy in there too.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 1:06 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
Bugaboo donkey is perfect for twins but really not convenient as a regular double

Yes 100x to this comment.
Perfect for my twins!
Not so good for my kids that have a 1-2 year gap- for those I'd rather the valco
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics