Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
When did you switch your toddler to size 6 diapers?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 2:51 pm
Is it just me that size 5 diapers are fitting my toddler forever?

I know the size charts are garbage (according to the chart he should still be in size 4 which is ridiculous)

He started to soak through his overnights which in the past was my cue to go up a size. I'm purchasing size 6 today so we'll see how it goes but seems like they'll be massive on him. He's really petite for his age (almost 2 and can still walk under the table!) and they look like they'll swallow him up.

Just curious when other people switched

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 2:54 pm
Never did. They stay in size 5 until they are toilet trained.

bsy

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 2:56 pm
My big 15 month old is in 4s for day and overnight 5s. I never had a kid in 5s before this one. They stayed in 4s for a year or more until toilet trained.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 3:07 pm
Biggest diaper ever used was a 4...my almost three year old is in a 3 still!

Bleemee

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 3:12 pm
Different companies are sized differently.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 3:12 pm
amother Peach wrote:
Biggest diaper ever used was a 4...my almost three year old is in a 3 still!

Wow! Even overnight?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 3:17 pm
I only did the switch with one child who had massive blowouts and soaked all the diapers.

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 3:20 pm
My older kids toilet trained at 3/3.5 and used size 6 at the end. My current 2.5 year old is in size 5 and no sign of needing a bigger size.

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 3:23 pm
My big and tall 20 mo is in 5s.
One of my kids stayed in 4s until toilet trained.
That kid was barely 2 when she no longer wanted to wear diapers and same day toilet trained completely including nights!
Another in 5s and another in 6.
I usually size up for nighttime anyway. My kid that was in 6s I would order 7s from Walmart online for overnight. Took until 3 to be ready for the potty. And she was extremely tall and big.
Then we did pull-ups until she was 9. Finding appropriate ones for such a big kid was a whole nuther story.

It also depends on the company. Some run bigger than others.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 3:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wow! Even overnight?

Yup. I do same for day and night. I use target brand. My kids all were toilet trained at about three except one closer to 4.

teachkids

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 3:38 pm
My kids don't switch to 6s till around their second berry birthday, sometimes later

amother
Darkblue

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 8:41 pm
Cue all the ads for overnight diapers LOL

My 2 and a half year old is in size 4 Kirkland.

seafood

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 8:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is it just me that size 5 diapers are fitting my toddler forever?

I know the size charts are garbage (according to the chart he should still be in size 4 which is ridiculous)

He started to soak through his overnights which in the past was my cue to go up a size. I'm purchasing size 6 today so we'll see how it goes but seems like they'll be massive on him. He's really petite for his age (almost 2 and can still walk under the table!) and they look like they'll swallow him up.

Just curious when other people switched

As far as I understand you keep a child in a size diaper until they start leaking. My daughter who was then big for her age started using size 6 at around 20 months.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 9:02 pm
Some of my kids wore size 6 and they were all trained by 2.7. I guess their meant for big kids that drink an awful lot. Otherwise they aren't necessary.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 9:04 pm
Only 1 out of my 5 kids ever used size 6 pampers. The others were in size 5 till they were toilet trained

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 9:23 pm
When/if they needed it! No rules.

mommyhood

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 9:28 pm
Never and some of them were on the larger size. 5 was always enough until they trained which was anywhere from 2.5 to 3.5. My kids aren’t big drinkers once they stop bottles so maybe that helps them not wake up soaked.

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 9:33 pm
My 18 month old has been in size 6 diapers for a while already. I switched him because he had an older sibling in size 6 and I preferred not to have to buy 2 sizes and keep track of which diaper is for which kid. I just strap the size six tighter.
Now that the older sibling is toilet trained I just never switched back. He doesn’t leak and I figure it has more space to absorb.
I’m surprised at some kids in size 3/4 until age 3. They must be really petite and don’t drink a lot. I’d be changing diapers much more often.

lucky14

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 9:55 pm
It really depends on the kids build and the brand. My super chunky 2 year old is in size 5s. All of my kids have been chunky and I’ve never gone higher than a 5 (except night diapers for a kid who wasn’t toilet trained at night). But it’s probably the diaper we use.
I worked at a preschool and most of the 3-4 year olds still in diapers were wearing size 4 still while my 2 year old was in a 5.

lfab

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 10:05 pm
None of my kids ever went past a size 4, even at night, and they were all big drinkers. They were all definitely on the petite side though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics