Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Multiplication tables

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 7:07 pm
Any programs online that are good at teaching multiplication to a kid that is behind and not catching up?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 7:13 pm
I think you might need more than an online program. How old is your child?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 7:18 pm
Thanks dealt with an evaluation I need a program to teach songs or tricks to remember that’s all. If anyone can point me in the direction of my question that would be helpful. Thanks.

teachkids

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 7:35 pm
Play games to practice skip counting- my favorite is toss a ball back and forth while counting by x.

Multiplication.com has a ton of games. I'm a fan of giving them a multiplication chart to use instead of random guessing.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 7:36 pm
My kids school uses reflex, which is really more about speed practice than learning. They also do IXL for more general practice.

In the past, I’ve signed my kids up for khan academy kids and splash math but I never tracked what they did, so I can’t say if they actually taught well.

If you let your kid watch tv, Netflix has a show called number blocks that covers all math concepts including basic multiplication.

That’s all I could think of for now…

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 7:45 pm
I teach my (resource room/tutoring) students songs for each multiplication table. It really works. Don't know of an online program for that though, I made them up.

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 9:55 pm
There’s an old, Jewish cd with songs for each multiplication table. The songs are pretty bad, actually, lol, but listening to it over and over in the background really has a way of infiltrating and it helps kids memorize without having to memorize. The name of the cd escapes me at the moment, but maybe someone else remembers the name?

PenguinMom

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:10 pm
Is this the CD? https://www.chinuch.org/item_d.....unes-

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:15 pm
We used old fashioned flash cards. They still work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics