Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
It’s 4:27 PM. Is my #1 priority really homework right now??

Yael

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 6:34 pm
Supper is half-started and the boys’ bus will be pulling up any minute. Chaya’la is stressed about her spelling test tomorrow, the baby is cheerfully painting the walls with the new lipstick, and I’m already dreading Shmuli’s kriyah sheets-which he inevitably won’t want to do before he shows me his Lego tower, has another (a third?) snack, and tells me about his new trading card.

What’s a mom to do? Just be a mom.

Don’t let homework get in the way of being the loving, warm mommy your kids need when they get home from school. With Homework Hour, moms across Lakewood and Boro Park are able to focus on giving their kids real, quality attention, because someone else is there to step in and help with the tedious aspect of homework.

Chaya’la is calm because she’s reviewed her spelling words with her Helper. Shmuli is thrilled you’re not nagging him about kriyah. And Mommy is happy, because you get to truly focus on all your kids, not on schoolwork.

Homework Hour pairs you with vetted, reliable post-high-school girls who come to your house and handle homework. Your dedicated Helper will sit with your child, encouraging and guiding them as they complete their homework. Your Helper is there to help take the pressure and negativity out of the equation, and replace it with calm and excitement. It’s why kids and their mommies love that knock on the door.

Customize your session length and frequency! For girls in grades 1-8 and boys in grades 1-4.

Get 10% off your first month of Homework Hour! Thehomeworkhour.com

Sponsored Post

kb

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 7:02 pm
It sounds like a really nice idea that could benefit some families.

One of my pet peeves: places that don't give any information until I give all of mine.

It would be nice if the website included pricing. I don't think I would sign up in any case, but I'm definitely not going to fill out all my information to find out a price...

mom_13

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 9:07 pm
kb wrote:
It sounds like a really nice idea that could benefit some families.

One of my pet peeves: places that don't give any information until I give all of mine.

It would be nice if the website included pricing. I don't think I would sign up in any case, but I'm definitely not going to fill out all my information to find out a price...

Ditto. If anyone does fill out all their info and gets a price, please share what the fees are.

Thanks!

behappy2

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 9:37 pm
mom_13 wrote:
Ditto. If anyone does fill out all their info and gets a price, please share what the fees are.

Thanks!

There's a number to call. I'm sure they will be happy to let you know over the phone.

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 10:23 pm

If you click on apply you get the prices.
It looks like it’s $365 a month for 3 1/2 hour sessions a week.
To me once I would pay $60 an hour I would probably sooner hire a professional tutor but I like the idea.
Also , I wonder what happens if some days you don’t need them or any way to try it once a week. The website isn’t super informative of terms but it’s a good idea.
Either way I dont live in tristate area so n/a.

Sunshine3

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 10:29 pm
notshanarishona wrote:

If you click on apply you get the prices.
It looks like it’s $365 a month for 3 1/2 hour sessions a week.
To me once I would pay $60 an hour I would probably sooner hire a professional tutor but I like the idea.
Also , I wonder what happens if some days you don’t need them or any way to try it once a week. The website isn’t super informative of terms but it’s a good idea.
Either way I dont live in tristate area so n/a.

I hear that... But if someone wants specifically just for h.w, two half hr sessions might make more sense then an hr.... and a professional might not be willing to come down for such a short amount of time. Plus some are charging more then $60 an HR these days...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics