Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Baby keeps climbing out

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 12:19 pm
Can anyone recommend a tent that does not have a zipper? Baby keeps climbing out and figured out how to open the zipper on the crib tent too. Tia!

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 12:22 pm
Crib tents are a safety hazard. If your child is getting out of their crib and crib tent, it's time to switch them to a bed. You can't lock you kid in a crib.

amother
Lightpink

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 12:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
Can anyone recommend a tent that does not have a zipper? Baby keeps climbing out and figured out how to open the zipper on the crib tent too. Tia!

How old is the baby? What about switching to toddler bed?
Does he wear sleep sack? They can help stop him from climbing.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 12:33 pm
I read online:

"Crawling and standing: Once your baby starts crawling and pulling up to a standing position, a sleep sack may limit their movement and cause frustration. Walking: Toddlers who are walking often find sleep sacks too restrictive. If your child is walking, it's probably time to transition to a toddler blanket."

The kid is using his hands to explore and learn.

If you deny him that by enclosing his hands in fabric, you are going to cause him mental frustration. His hands are a form of eyes. Enclosing his hands making them useless is like putting on a blindfold, denying him sensory input he needs.

Not so good.

But back to your problem.

Anybody who can get out of a crib does not belong in a crib.

Or, call it a bed and leave the barrier down. You have an older child now.

But it might be better to use a real bed, no matter how uncomplicated. You wouldn't want him falling from that height, and that is possible.

No strings anywhere near him, as I am sure you know. Falling plus strings can equal ... uh bad things.

Rappel

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 12:36 pm
Time for a toddler bed. If you're fearful of him getting into hazards when he wakes up (my eldest would go straight for the kitchen knives), then safety proof everything you can, and put up a baby gate between him and the hazards.

amother
Lightpink

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 12:37 pm
[quote="amother OP"]Can anyone recommend a tent that does not have a zipper? Baby keeps climbing out and figured out how to open the zipper on the crib tent too. Tia![/quote
Is your baby younger than 12 months? Bc then he may be too young for a toddler bed (although not necessarily) but if you’re talking about a toddler already then why not switch to. A bed? As long as the room and house is baby proofed.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 4:31 pm
When my children get to the stage of climbing out the crib, I put a babygate on the door to their room. It's not safe having them climbing out the crib and I don't want them able to roam the house, so this works great. They have toys to play with in their room and can play quietly when they wake up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics