Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Michlala

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:44 pm
Reading through the different threads, I’m finding Michlala a possible option for my DD. She is not applying this year so not actively looking now.

My question is: does Michlala have a cohesive seminary shana aleph feel with tiyulim, bonding activities with classmates and madrichot and an aim bayit? Or is the student pretty independent when it comes to classes, free time, etc?

Is it more college-y since it is an actual college.

Is the program run in a way that making friends is easy because the girls are together a lot or is this an after-class endeavour that the student needs to seek out opportunities on her own?

I just have no idea.

TIA

amother
Clover

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 6:22 pm
I was there 2 decades ago, but back then it was a regular seminary on the college campus

amother
Springgreen

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 7:29 am
We recently checked out Michlala for our daughter and were very impressed. Yes, it seems like they have become more seminary-ish over the years. They have everything you mentioned in your post. It is a very large program so it is possible that it may be hard socially in the beginning but they have all sorts of bonding activities, 1:1 relationships with a teacher/mentor etc.

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 7:57 am
I went about 5 years ago- it is totally a normal seminary that happens to be on a college campus Smile Very warm on-campus eim bayit, madrichot, warm teachers that are available for schmoozing, fun tiyulim, yom iyuns anything any other seminary had! I loved it and highly recommend it!

amother
DarkGray

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:01 am
I went to michlala almost 2 decades ago.

Best years of my life!

Can’t speak for now but from my experience it was for sure a cohesive Shana alpeh (and Shana bet) program. Yes it’s very large but they have the girls broken into groups with teachers to make it more personalized.

The girls have their freedom (prob more than other sems) but it’s not hefker. They are taken care of.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info