Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Help me shop for a simcha

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 9:45 pm
I'm in my mid 30s, haven't shopped for a simcha in quite a while (well...I have not always in maternity and begged and borrowed whatever would fit), and BH have three first cousins' weddings coming up (end of January, mid Feb, and early March). I'm definitely not wearing a gown type of thing, and would ideally want a very nice black simcha dress to wear to all three. Do these things go on sale because I'd love to spend less, but I do want something nice enough to wear to all three. Ideas?

Eta, I'm in flatbush, not opposed to shopping on line, but I do prefer frum styles. JPF leaning towards yeshivishe, up to $200

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 7:25 am
Thank you! The links give me a great general idea of what to look for and one of the fame dresses might work.

Open to more suggestions of where to shop or links of what type of dress is appropriate

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:38 pm
By the way everyone is wearing colorful flowered dresses to weddings. You don’t have to only look for black. Everyone used to only wear black to weddings but now anything goes patterns, black with little flowers, navy or even green dresses

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:54 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
By the way everyone is wearing colorful flowered dresses to weddings. You don’t have to only look for black. Everyone used to only wear black to weddings but now anything goes patterns, black with little flowers, navy or even green dresses

No people have phased out of the floral and colorful for the most part actually
The style is leaning more sophisticated

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 1:31 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
No people have phased out of the floral and colorful for the most part actually
The style is leaning more sophisticated

Guess it depends where you live. I was at 2 Lakewood weddings recently and both were colorful and floral not just black

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 1:50 pm
Colorful and floral is still appropriate for summer weddings, but I agree that the ruffle-type dresses are on way out and style is definitely trending more sophisticated. I would not wear a floral colorful dress to a winter wedding.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics