Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
If you consider yourself very frum and yeshivish
Previous  1  2

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 7:12 am
lol I’m in trouble. We are yeahivish and live in miami! And so do many others. There are multiple kollels and yeshivas across south Florida!

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 7:36 am
We don't have money at the moment to travel, nor does my husband have days off to spare, but when we do, we base our vacations around frum places, preferably where we have family. We've done Boston and Toronto, we'd like to do Arizona and Philly and Washington DC and of course EY, but our budget is way too tight for that.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 10:56 pm
No, we do take a few days vacation in an affordable airbnb within driving distance, and bring food along from home (and warming devices).

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 10:59 pm
lamplighter wrote:
Not to a beach.

Would you do Disneyland?

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:01 pm
amother Wine wrote:
Would you do Disneyland?

Not once I have an 9 yo boy

mha3484

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:03 pm
amother Wine wrote:
Would you do Disneyland?

No my kids don't watch Disney movies so whats the draw? It’s very expensive if your kids have no attachment to the characters.

Also, I would not give a cent to Disney due to the lgbt and trans content they keep inserting in their movies and shows. I find it nauseating.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:20 pm
amother Holly wrote:
Not once I have an 9 yo boy

Never really got that logic. I would sooner take older girls (I went as a teen , u can filter out a bit more- here for the rides not for the naked mermaids. Etc) but young kids are the most impressionable ages 4-15 I would not.

I assume ur asking about the Florida one. The one in California in cool weather isn’t as bad. Went as a young adult also.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:24 pm
I'm asking about both. I wouldn't take my kids there no matter the age because like someone else said, they have zero knowledge in regards to these characters and they are impressionable at young ages.
I just heard my son telling my husband that 4 boys in his very yeshivish class went and proceeded to name them and they're more yeshivish then us. I was wondering what's the norm.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:56 pm
We used to never fly anywhere because we couldn’t afford it and it would have been too hard with little kids anyway.
Now kids are older and we can afford a bit more. Our criteria for a vacation is to go somewhere where there is a minyan.
We went to Florida last year and plan to go again. We were never there before. It was so beautiful. We left the freezing snow and 2.5 hours later we were in the warm sun with palm trees. We didn’t realize what we were missing out on. We rented a house with a pool for 2 days. It was the perfect getaway. We really didn’t need to do anything. One day we went for a walk on the boardwalk. It was cool- around 70 degrees so we didn’t see people in bathing suits.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 4:07 am
No we wouldn't go to Disneyland. There's no draw for us.
I have gone to the beach myself or with friends/sisters but not as a family.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics