Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Disney world
Previous  1  2

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:32 pm
We have gone to Disney almost every year for many years. If you have older kids, maybe mix it up and make one day a universal day. If they are into Harry Potter then they would especially love it.
We have skipped animal kingdom the past few years since the best ride is pandora and the wait time is 3 hours so we didn’t find it to be worth it. If you have girls who would love to meet princesses, Epcot is the best. It has the all of the “countries” which are cool but unfortunately a big part is the food which obviously we can’t enjoy (although check the dole whip, popcorn, and churros because depending on the kiosk, it could be kosher)
Magic kingdom is the best typically. Parades and firework show at the end, characters walking around, shows, rides are great. If it were up to me, I’d say 2 days magic kingdom, one Epcot and one universal. There’s usually a minyan by the castle and someone has a watsapp chat made so you know when they happen. Have fun!

amother
Bellflower

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:57 pm
Follow some Facebook or Reddit groups about this. People have different opinions, strong opinions about Disney parks. For me, animal kingdom is the one I would skip. And we liked Hollywood Studios which no one else mentioned.

UQT

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:33 pm
With kids that age I would do one park per day. Familiarize yourself with the layout and “must not miss” rides. If you only have one day in the park you do what’s available and doesn’t have long wait times. Nothing ruins the day like standing 2.5 hours waiting for a ride. It’s just not worth it. Even smaller ride attractions are great.
The rides are more experiences - very few are thrilling.

ysydmom

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:48 pm
Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom for sure! I didn't like Epcot I've been to Disney twice. Epcot is the more historical/educational part has different international type places to visit.

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:57 pm
ysydmom wrote:
Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom for sure! I didn't like Epcot I've been to Disney twice. Epcot is the more historical/educational part has different international type places to visit.

And I LOVE Epcot! My entire family does!

OP this is exactly why there’s no right answer. Do your research and figure out what YOUR family would like

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 10:06 pm
My favorite park is Hollywood studios . Why would you skip that ? Personally , I would do one day in each park . And be smart with the fast passes . Although the last time I did Disney was 5 years ago so things may have changed .

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:23 pm
I just want to add to my earlier post -
Many ppl don’t know but you can order kosher meals to any restaurant ( has to be 48 he in advance) We do this . The food is meh but it’s such a great experience! It comes like an airline meal with cutlery all wrapped etc . It gets priced based on the tests, so you don’t want a pricey place but a place that’s fun to sit in . ( You can also pick up with our ordering in one place per park but it’s limited and you may not be able to sit…) Its my kids favorite part !

sweet

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:46 pm
I took my kids once to orlando.
We only did 1 disney park, magic kingdom and honestly its so overrated.
Also did kennedy space center one day.
Did the resort waterpark another day...

There is so much to do in orlando thats not disney.

real

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 12:13 am
So funny because we really didn’t like magic
Kingdom-it was really for very little
Kids. I love
Epcot! Would go over and over if I could. Hollywood studios was great also, animal
Kingdom was not impressive.
Universal was fun and great shows- but hands down loved Epcot!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 10:45 pm
Another thought I wouldn’t have thought of if not for the responses.. so maybe it would make sense to spend 2 full days in magic kingdom, then have a low key day not at a park, then one day in another Disney park before we head back. Appreciate the suggestions!
Are fast passes something you pay extra for?
I can’t understand waiting two hours for a specific ride. We’d probably just not get to do that ride with such a long wait.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 11:53 pm
The good rides usually do have longer waits… it used to be free I’m not sure if they still ate

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 7:45 am
amother Cyan wrote:
The good rides usually do have longer waits… it used to be free I’m not sure if they still ate

No fast pass is definitely not free, and I'd be shocked if it ever was.

SweetAngel

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 8:29 am
It used to be!! In the old days you were able to cheat the system and get for like almost every ride. Then it became electronic - still free. It’s only in the past year or so when they introduced genie plus that they started charging. I’m just unsure if there’s still a free option or kot
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics