Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Vyvanse 20 mg. ISO pharmacy in any area of LK, TR, Jackson

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 9:58 am
My child is supposed to start it but at this point I’m cold calling pharmacies. Anyone know a pharmacy that has it in stock?

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 2:56 pm
Bump

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 6:43 pm
When local pharmacies were out I tried CVS at the brick target. They were able to fill my prescription

amother
Darkblue

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
My child is supposed to start it but at this point I’m cold calling pharmacies. Anyone know a pharmacy that has it in stock?

Brand name or generic?

amother
Eggplant

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:07 pm
Emes usually has

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:19 pm
Sid you try refuah and or westgate?

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:22 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
Sid you try refuah and or westgate?

I tired Madison refuah and westgste but none have the generic. (My insurance only covers generic not brand name)

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:23 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
Emes usually has

Emes has generic?

amother
Darkblue

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:41 pm
Refuah told me they do not plan on carrying the generic because insurance reimbursed too little.

Your best bet is a CVS or Walgreens

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 9:18 pm
amother Orchid wrote:
I tired Madison refuah and westgste but none have the generic. (My insurance only covers generic not brand name)

You can have your doctor write in a letter to the insurance to get approved for brand name. AFAIK you can't get generic Vyvanse, it doesn't exist. My doctors office sent in a letter & I got approved the same day

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 12:02 am
amother Pearl wrote:
You can have your doctor write in a letter to the insurance to get approved for brand name. AFAIK you can't get generic Vyvanse, it doesn't exist. My doctors office sent in a letter & I got approved the same day

What kind of letter did they send in?
I got approved for brand name with no letter but my copay is $300 .

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 2:25 am
Generic Vyvanse just came to market. Which is why suddenly there us a shortage. It was the one in stock (mostly) as compared to Adderal.
The name brand isn't producing as much as insurance companies now will only cover generic. There isn't enough generic out and it takes a while to be on the market shelves. Plus our amazing government limits the amount any one manufacturer can make at a time. Artificial limits.

My insurance wouldn't cover any vyvanse until we failed other meds. Check with yours. Also some XRs are good temporary replacements, even if not as good.

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 3:04 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
Generic Vyvanse just came to market. Which is why suddenly there us a shortage. It was the one in stock (mostly) as compared to Adderal.
The name brand isn't producing as much as insurance companies now will only cover generic. There isn't enough generic out and it takes a while to be on the market shelves. Plus our amazing government limits the amount any one manufacturer can make at a time. Artificial limits.

My insurance wouldn't cover any vyvanse until we failed other meds. Check with yours. Also some XRs are good temporary replacements, even if not as good.

My insurance " approved" it but since it's a different tier medication my copay is much higher. Don't think there is anything to be done about that.

dragoneye126

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 8:58 am
Just want to commiserate and let you know that if you’re planning to try the Deal/long branch/ocean township area next, don’t bother- I can’t find any, either. We’re on day 4 of no meds Surprised

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 10:36 am
amother Darkblue wrote:
My insurance " approved" it but since it's a different tier medication my copay is much higher. Don't think there is anything to be done about that.

Unfortunately there isn't. I get the struggle. Copay is copay.
My comment was just to the person who said it doesn't exist. It does as of November which is one reason why a shortage exists (the other is ridiculous government regulations prohibiting them from producing more. No matter the demand.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries