Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Getting a mortgage

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 10:08 pm
How’s does it work if you want relocate with out getting jobs in the new city. Can you get approved for a mortgage using your current job?

Suppose you buy a 500 house and have 20% to put down earn 130k currently. Can you get approved or would they reject?

(Also not interested in hearing it’s a bad idea to move before finding a new job.)

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 10:10 pm
They call to verify employment right before closing
You should be fine assuming you'll be keeping your job until after you close.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 10:14 pm
The job aspect is fine, they don’t care where you work as long as you have an income. You’ll just have to send paystubs and someone at your office will have to verify you work there and earn what you earn (my boss had to fill out a form to send to the underwriters and then someone called to verify)

As far as specific numbers, you’ll have to speak to the broker about that and see what you’re pre-approved for. They’ll go through all the numbers with you and tell you up to x amount

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 10:14 pm
If you are buying a house far from where you are working, it will be an issue. I work for a company in Maryland and am buying in ny. They required a letter proving employment remotely.

That being said, my sister was working in Ny and got approved for a mortgage in Texas. But that was for a much smaller loan.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 10:24 pm
Thanks. So I wouldn’t be moving until the summer so if I bought now I would definitely keep my job until after closing.

mig100

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 9:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. So I wouldn’t be moving until the summer so if I bought now I would definitely keep my job until after closing.

I have a question. Is it a problem to get a first time home buyer interest rate if u don't move right away

amother
Burlywood

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 9:26 pm
Officially you have to move within 3 months but nobody's checking
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating