Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Replacement Engagement Ring
Previous  1  2

amother
Lotus

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 6:55 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
No 2 carat is not tacky. And in my circles many sport real 3,4 carat diamonds. So I wouldn’t think it’s fake or lab. (Mine is 2 and I love it, but I’m much younger than you.)

Ooc where do you live ?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 8:35 pm
I have been wearing a 2.5 diamond since I got engaged at 19 so I was very secure about going up to 3. I am more uncertain about 3.5. It's an upgrade so it would not be costing me 500000 out of pocket if it was an earth diamond since I would be trading in the old one. Lab grown diamonds have gone down tremendously. For an excellent quality round cut 3.5 carat I was quoted $2500. Other shapes would be less. I own an earth diamond eternity band with half carat stones. I appreciate all the input.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 8:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have been wearing a 2.5 diamond since I got engaged at 19 so I was very secure about going up to 3. I am more uncertain about 3.5. It's an upgrade so it would not be costing me 500000 out of pocket if it was an earth diamond since I would be trading in the old one. Lab grown diamonds have gone down tremendously. For an excellent quality round cut 3.5 carat I was quoted $2500. Other shapes would be less. I own an earth diamond eternity band with half carat stones. I appreciate all the input.

If you’re wearing a .50 eternity band then no one’s gonna question your 3.5 ring

amother
RosePink

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 11:35 pm
amother OP wrote:

Well you said you lost your original stone so it wouldn’t be a trade in situation….
Also, 2500 sounds very low for that size diamond. I work in jewelry and we sell really good quality lab diamonds and that size stone should definitely be a higher price especially if it’s as good quality as you’re claiming…
But I would def do lab! No reason not too . The only thing is it doesn’t rly hold its value …good luck with your decision!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:08 am
amother RosePink wrote:
Well you said you lost your original stone so it wouldn’t be a trade in situation….
Also, 2500 sounds very low for that size diamond. I work in jewelry and we sell really good quality lab diamonds and that size stone should definitely be a higher price especially if it’s as good quality as you’re claiming…
But I would def do lab! No reason not too . The only thing is it doesn’t rly hold its value …good luck with your decision!

Yes, I did lose it (stolen actually). But I replaced it with a CZ and wore it as if it was my old ring. Nobody knows this, especially not my in-laws! So in theory I am just upgrading to a larger stone. I am not really getting a real earth diamond which is 50000 but a lab grown that looks like an earth stone that costs 50000. This is all smoke and mirrors lol. So if I still had my original diamond and traded it in for a larger earth diamond it would not cost me 50000.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:19 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes, I did lose it (stolen actually). But I replaced it with a CZ and wore it as if it was my old ring. Nobody knows this, especially not my in-laws! So in theory I am just upgrading to a larger stone. I am not really getting a real earth diamond which is 50000 but a lab grown that looks like an earth stone that costs 50000. This is all smoke and mirrors lol. So if I still had my original diamond and traded it in for a larger earth diamond it would not cost me 50000.

Enjoy it in good health.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:21 am
You want to buy a big fake diamond but you want everyone to think it's real? Why do you care what everyone else thinks? Also with the rising popularity of lab grown, most people probably automatically assume big diamonds are lab grown.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:27 am
I think a 3.5 carat stone signals we're very well off/wealthy.

Personally I got a 3 ct stone as a kalla and never wore it other than wedding/sheva brachos. Its too large and not the vibe I want to give off. I wear a 1.5 ct cz

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:31 am
Off topic: anyone else reading this have no idea how many CT their ring is? TMI Hee hee

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:36 am
amother Butterscotch wrote:
You want to buy a big fake diamond but you want everyone to think it's real? Why do you care what everyone else thinks? Also with the rising popularity of lab grown, most people probably automatically assume big diamonds are lab grown.

Again, I was given a 2.5 when I was a kallah. Wore it for 20 years. It was stolen by a construction worker in my home. It was not insured though we had thought it was. I bought the same setting and had a CZ put in as buying a real diamond to replace it was not even a consideration. I have subsequently bought four daughter in laws engagement rings with diamonds just under and over 2 carats. Now that lab diamonds have gone down so much in price I thought it would be great to replace the CZ with a lab grown. But since the price difference between 2.5 and 3.5 is not that much I was thinking of "upgrading". Many women do. But my hesitation was whether to upgrade to 3 or 3.5. 3 I am very comfortable with. 3.5 not sure. That is my question

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:37 am
amother Royalblue wrote:
I think a 3.5 carat stone signals we're very well off/wealthy.

Personally I got a 3 ct stone as a kalla and never wore it other than wedding/sheva brachos. Its too large and not the vibe I want to give off. I wear a 1.5 ct cz

I am very far away from my days as a kallah lol and it is different I think if you are buying a 3 ct straight out or trading in a smaller stone for a larger one.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:37 am
amother Mustard wrote:
Enjoy it in good health.

Thank you!

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 11:23 am
Yes enjoy in good health!

When I see huge diamonds I assume they’re fake whether eternity band or engagement ring. My mil wears a pair of 30k earrings that are real but they look real to me- maybe it’s because I know they’re real but when I compare hers to the ones I see on the street they all look fake to me…

So if you go bigger I’ll assume it’s fake but who cares?

If the rest of your lifestyle appears well to do maybe I’d assume it’s real
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics