Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Evaluations for ADD and Autism in Jerusalem (Maccabi)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 6:12 am
Hi everyone.
I am looking for some doctors to evaluate for ADD and dyslexia for one kid. And another kid for Autism. Neurologist, psychiatrist and psychologist were suggested.

I would love to use the same doctor/professor for both children's issues.

In Jerusalem. Preferably connected with Maccabi. How can I get reimbursed for private doctors on Maccabi?

Thanks

amother
Maple

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 7:51 am
I don't know much about diagnosing autism.

ADD can be evaluated by pediatricians specifically trained in it, or by pediatric neurologists, or by achild psychiatrist.

If your kids are young enough for hitpatchut hayeled, they have a developmental neurologist who can check the kids (this potentially covers ADD and Autism, but I'm not sure). The hitpatchut hayeled for Maccabi in Jerusalem is excellent (best in the city), we really liked the neurologist there (at the time it was Dr. Winter, but there are other good ones). Get a referral from your pediatrician.

If your kids are older:

For my 5th grader (too old for hitpatchut hayeled), we recently did it with a pediatric neurologist in the kuppah because we felt it would cover more issues aside from just the ADHD, however the wait time is longer. If you just want get medication quickly, a pediatrician who specializes in ADHD is a good place to start and then you can see the neurologist later. On maccabi, these doctors are all in Jerusalem and from the kupah and theerfore free (or whatever 10-15 shekel you pay for the rivon):
Pediatrician who specializes in ADHD (very very experienced) - Dr. David Paz
Neurologist who evaluates for ADHD (she even did it over zoom!) - Dr. Hila Ben Pazi
Psychiatrist who specializes in ADHD (probably not really needed unless there are other psychiatric issues at play) - Dr. Benjamin Keene
I'm sure there are other good ones as well.

For dyslexia and other learning disabilities, a psychodidactic evaluation can do this, it is done by a psychologist. We recently did this for my 5th grader as well at a place that maccabi gives you back a lot of the money for. Place in Jerusalem that has a deal with Maccabi:
- Afek Mercaz Tipuli, just google there website. I was happy with the evaluation. This is the only place in Jerusalem that I know of.

If you go somewhere or to someone private that maccabi doesn't have a deal with, I don't think you can get reimbursed. There are a few private child psychiatrists who have deals with maccabi, just tell the appointment maker when you get an appointment that you are maccabi and then you will only pay what maccabi doesn't. But you probably don't need to go this route when there are good ones fully covered by maccabi.

There may be a more efficient way of doing all these things, but this is what we did. Took several weeks, but I don't think it could have been faster unless I did it fully private.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 5:51 am
Still relevant?

mamaofboys

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 5:54 am
The more info the better. I'm still working on it.
Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics