Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
My Mount Everest

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 8:42 am
My Mount Everest

So majestic
Soaring tall
I climb slowly
Lest I fall
Many greater
Have tried and failed
Do I believe?
That I’ll prevail?
Day by day
Week by week
Seems I’ll NEVER
Reach the peak
Hour by hour
Mile by mile
The mountain called
My Laundry Pile

We’re a family of six BH and I truly can not get on top of the laundry. There are clothes everywhere, I don’t like baskets (though I have tons) cuz everything just gets mushed together. I give up.

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 8:51 am
Love it!

I'm with you all the way! Family of 7 here kh.

I found the only way I can get some sort of handle on the situation is A: by washing more often and B: once out of the dryer, I divide them in separate piles by categories: pants, tops, pjs,panties,undershirts, socks, tights etc. I do it on my bed so the whole bed is full of piles.
Only then do I tackle one pile at a time. I'll usually listen to a podcast or some music to get going. Also, and this is the biggest one for me, otherwise it won't ever get done: No Stopping once I start.
Zehu. Thats the spiel.
Oh and when I fold, I do keep them in piles by owner, so each member of the family will have their own mountain of folded laundry when I'm done, and I nicely hand them their pile to put away.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:19 am
Everyone needs to do what I do!!! Every kid has their own laundry basket. I do each kids load individually once a week (usually Sundays). Then it sits in their clean laundry basket till either I or my cleaning lady folds it. If they run out of clean clothes from the drawer in the meantime, they just take from their clean basket. No hours of sorting and going through things, no piles…

Roseflower

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:34 am
Adorable poem!! Love it!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry