Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
S/o I love being a mom

Unigala

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 11:58 am
I dont want to invalidate anyone who is having a hard time being a mother..

I just want to make space for woman who actually love having children and absolutely love everything (or almost everything lol) that comes with it!

I cant imagine a life that is more fulfilling and loving

anyone else?

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:00 pm
Yes, me.

There are hard parts, but I think I was created to be a mom.

ETA: Love my amother color. What could be better then kids and chocolate LOL

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:02 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
Yes, me.

There are hard parts, but I think I was created to be a mom.

I agree.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:02 pm
But negative thread titles get so many more views and responses LOL

Yes, I love being a mom. There are times that it feels so frustrating and overwhelming with one kid or another. And I don't love the newborn stage or the pregnancy stage. But I love seeing each of them grow into the person that they are. I think that honestly I enjoy my younger kids more now than I enjoyed my older kids at that age, because I can see glimmers of who they will become. And that's true even though things are busier now and I feel like I spend less time and energy on them than I did with my older kids, just by virtue of the fact that there's less of me to go around. I see their stages as phases that they will grow through, rather than as endless problems that I'm afraid will only grow as they get older.

amother
Banana

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:04 pm
There are some parts that I love but it's soo so hard.
But motherhood definitely gives a sense of fulfillment that I don't have from other things.
And I did have ppd and struggled when I was a sham.
I'm pleased to know that there are people who enjoy it so much.

amother
Maize

So in the same way people on this thread feel they were created to be a mom, I wish it were acknowledged that there are others who were not. And those people should be allowed to be frum without the pressure of having children they don’t want IMHO.

amother
Slateblue

I absolutely love being a mom. I wishI could afford to stay home and pop out all the kids LOL

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:21 pm
I love love love being a mommy
I'm relatively new to it after few difficult years of waiting
I love seeing each new milestone, and I love watching the excitement for each yom tov. It's all so new for them and it brings a freshness to it for me!

I love building towers and reading books, playing in the park and pretending to cook meals with toy food. I love the snuggles and hugs and cute things they say.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:27 pm
Me too!!!!

I LOVE being a mom. Doesn't mean I'm never overwhelmed, but even in those moments I know that being a mom is my dream come true.

Some things surprised me about being a mom:

I have less patience than I would have thought for reading books to them, teaching them to read, playing games with them, etc

I'm more patient than I would have thought for when they are being loud or annoying, crawling on me, falling on me, unintentionally hurting me, being messy.

Unigala

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:32 pm
amother Maize wrote:
So in the same way people on this thread feel they were created to be a mom, I wish it were acknowledged that there are others who were not. And those people should be allowed to be frum without the pressure of having children they don’t want IMHO.

not gonna argue that here bec not the point of this thread Smile

Wife1

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:38 pm
Can I join the party? Sometimes I think I’m the only person who wishes to have 20+ kids.( yes I know that is not happening)

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:10 pm
Wife1 wrote:
Can I join the party? Sometimes I think I’m the only person who wishes to have 20+ kids.( yes I know that is not happening)

I think my husband would sign up for that as well. LOL I won't say my number. (Don't know why, maybe for ayin hora reasons. I just don't know what will happen!)

newinbp

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:15 pm
I love it too Bh! It’s also an awareness and acceptance to allow myself to love it, coming from growing up with the expectations of degree, career, and then adjusting to the sometimes unfulfilled or different fulfilled feelings and societal status of being a mom and enjoying raising kids. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics