Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
I am her one true love…

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 8:38 pm
My 18 month old is delightful. She’s so cute that people in the grocery store or cars on the street or coworkers go out of their way to tell me that they’ve never seen a cuter baby. Her radiant smile brightens my darkest moods. Her voice is a mellifluous symphony. She giggles delightfully and charms the masses. And when we’re in the same place together,

SHE WILL CLING TO ME FOR DEAR LIFE AND NOT LET GO. I love this kid to death, but sometimes, even for a minute, it would be lovely to hand her off to Tatty. To run to switch out my shaitel for a snood. To stir the gourmet frozen vegetables on the stovetop. And just so you know, Tatty is fabulous! He’s fun and energetic and kind. He welcomes our kids home with hugs and smiles. He kisses booboos and tucks the stuffed animals into bed in just the right way and deftly aids in the pre-algebra work.

So why, why, why does my dear littlest love shriek and scream and protest and throw herself to the floor when mommy turns away to sneeze or to sift through the laundry (or play bins? Or garbage bags?) for fifteen seconds to find the missing sock? Why is Tatty the devil incarnate as long as she knows that mommy is home?

When, my dear friends, will I be able to go to the bathroom?

Oh, and she totters off to playgroup happily each morning with no separation anxiety.

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 8:41 pm
You write so well!

My sister was like that as a toddler and ironically she is the most independent and confident of us all

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 8:43 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
You write so well!

My sister was like that as a toddler and ironically she is the most independent and confident of us all

Thanks. Here’s hoping! (And if not, I’ll love her just the same!)

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 8:43 pm
You can go to the bathroom after she gets married. You’ll lock yourself in, run a hot shower and cry because you miss her.
You put a lump in my throat op. I had a toddler like that a long time ago.
No need to feel sorry. I’m glad she moved out instead of joining shidduch crisis statistics.
But like you already found out even though yours is still a toddler, there’s no job in the world as hard as being a mother.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 8:48 pm
amother Calendula wrote:
You can go to the bathroom after she gets married. You’ll lock yourself in, run a hot shower and cry because you miss her.
You put a lump in my throat op. I had a toddler like that a long time ago.
No need to feel sorry. I’m glad she moved out instead of joining shidduch crisis statistics.
But like you already found out even though yours is still a toddler, there’s no job in the world as hard as being a mother.

Love this. Thank you!

bsy

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:04 pm
Same. My 15 month old screams all day with me. Never cries at the babysitter though. Is happy as a lark there.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:10 pm
OP, you're adorable. You remind me of the famous birth control thread, and the thread with the OP who looked like challah dough in lingerie.

amother
Trillium

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:10 pm
Mine does the same although he will go to his father. It’s not enough tho! I need to get things done when dh is not home as well. It’s so so hard!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:15 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
OP, you're adorable. You remind me of the famous birth control thread, and the thread with the OP who looked like challah dough in lingerie.

I’m familiar with the birth control one, but I might’ve missed the challah dough.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m familiar with the birth control one, but I might’ve missed the challah dough.

Here it is:
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....02700

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:34 pm
My 26 month old is the same way....

I'm losing my mind but my mom keeps encouraging me that the kids who are super clingy end up being super secure and confident when they grow up!!

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:38 pm
Velcro baby!! My 13 month old is in that stage now and how I wish I could clone myself. But alas, science still considers that unethical so as of yet, I have no solutions.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:41 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
Here it is:
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....02700

Thanks for linking. What an image. Said dd looks similar when prancing around in her diaper and proudly hitting her tummy as she discovers that she can drum along to Uncle Moishy.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 11:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for linking. What an image. Said dd looks similar when prancing around in her diaper and proudly hitting her tummy as she discovers that she can drum along to Uncle Moishy.

This might have been the first time I laughed out loud from this site 😂😂
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics