Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Packing for overseas travel

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:27 am
Traveling overseas for a close wedding for 10 days with husband and toddler.
I’d appreciate ALL tips for organized packing, including how to pack for the plane, packing styled wig, staying organized over there for the week…
I’m generally a minimalist in daily life, for the reason being that I get super frustrated with messes and clutter.
But I do need more things now, including dress for wedding, Sheva brochos, toddler..
Not sure how to start packing so keep the ideas that worked for you coming!

mfb

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:29 am
Packing cubes or bags to keep each type of item meat. (One for underwear, one for tights…)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:30 am
mfb wrote:
Packing cubes or bags to keep each type of item meat. (One for underwear, one for tights…)

Any recommendation for which cubes to buy?

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:32 am
amother OP wrote:
Traveling overseas for a close wedding for 10 days with husband and toddler.
I’d appreciate ALL tips for organized packing, including how to pack for the plane, packing styled wig, staying organized over there for the week…
I’m generally a minimalist in daily life, for the reason being that I get super frustrated with messes and clutter.
But I do need more things now, including dress for wedding, Sheva brochos, toddler..
Not sure how to start packing so keep the ideas that worked for you coming!

Have never travelled overseas, but have gone away for a week with 2 kids.
By far recommend packing cubes, divided by day.
So each day you take out a cube that includes everything needed for that day. (Besides cosmetics, which I do in a divided cosmetic bag, like this but there are many: OCHEAL Striped Makeup Bag,Travel Makeup Organizer Bag, Large Capacity Cosmetic Bags For Women Large Travel Toiletry Bag Girls Traveling With Brush Slot And Divider https://a.co/d/jccaUna)

If you’re tight on space, you can do vacuum bags, divided by day.

You can also divide per person.

Good luck!

amother
Navyblue

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:33 am
Gallon ziplock bags

Sheital in shoebox

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:34 am
amother OP wrote:
Any recommendation for which cubes to buy?

Large Packing Cubes,4 Pack High Capacity Luggage Organizers, Mesh Clothing Bags made from Ultralight Reusable Nylon, for Travel, Hiking, Camping, Accessories, Grey, 17.5x4x12.75 Inch (Pack of 4) https://a.co/d/0bswRyI

These are a great size, but you can also get assorted sizes.

amother
Candycane

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:39 am
I've started learning how to pack very lightly and travel has become so much more pleasant.
I travelled for wedding a few months ago. I was away for a week and took everything I needed in hand luggage. ( Granted I was not travelling with a baby)
I don't have time to type a whole list of tips but the most important thing to remember is nothing will happen if you wear the same thing twice even if travelling for a simcha or yom Tov. Also consider clothing that can do double duty for eg a plain black dress that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion and only one or two pairs of shoes that go with everything you pack. Google tips for packing lightly and smartly....there's lots of helpful ideas ou there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics