Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What vitamins do your kids take?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:27 am
As I was doling out the vitamins this morning I realized that my kids take a whole lot of them!

Teen DS with ADHD takes multivitamins, omega 3 and "teen focus" along with his meds.

Preteen DD takes multivitamins, vitamin C (I like when they have extra in the winter), vitamin D (she is deficient and gets leg cramps), and magnesium (she has trouble falling asleep).

Preschool DD takes multivitamins, vitamin C, fiber (she's prone to constipation), and allergy meds.

But then I come on here and see people recommending all sorts of regimens that are totally foreign to me (9xyw! Norwegian hooligan! Butter flower! Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!) and wondering how you get all those vitamins into your kids.

So what do your kids take and why?

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:28 am
None Confused

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:45 am
Wow. That’s a lot.

Mine get 2 Uncle Moishy chewy multis. Why?As a reward if they are in bed in pjs and I’m sure the vitamins in their are good for them.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:48 am
Vitamin D. They won't tk anything else. Even when they're on antibiotics and I try probiotics powder in rheir drink they refuse to drink it. How do ppl get their kids to tk vitamins? Which brands are good tasting and chewable? Help

YounginBP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:50 am
Vitamin C candy

Immune booster drops when I remember

Vitamin D drops because it is recommended for breastfed infants. None are infants and I give once month maybe LOL It is almost empty and the dropper doesn't reach there. If I get another one I'll be more consistent.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:09 am
amother Azure wrote:
Vitamin D. They won't tk anything else. Even when they're on antibiotics and I try probiotics powder in rheir drink they refuse to drink it. How do ppl get their kids to tk vitamins? Which brands are good tasting and chewable? Help

They’re basically candy LOL Uncle Moishy multi and C, Chapter One fiber and magnesium, I forget what brand chewable D, and DS swallows pills. Oh and chewable Claritin for little DD but that’s not a vitamin and I have to fight her to take it every day, but she needs it.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:48 am
My kids take up to 8 different things twice a day. I’m not just throwing the kitchen sink at them, these are targeted nutraceuticals to address different issues they have. And they can really use much more but there’s a limit to how much I can reasonably make them take

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:57 am
amother Lemonlime wrote:
My kids take up to 8 different things twice a day. I’m not just throwing the kitchen sink at them, these are targeted nutraceuticals to address different issues they have. And they can really use much more but there’s a limit to how much I can reasonably make them take

This is fascinating to me. What do they take and why? Who came up with this regimen? How do you get them to take it? I’m assuming many of them don’t come in chewy candy form…

paperflowers

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 11:45 am
A multi-vitamin gummy so I don't have to share my prenatal gummies.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 12:22 pm
paperflowers wrote:
A multi-vitamin gummy so I don't have to share my prenatal gummies.

LOL
I take prenatal gummies too. Even when I’m not pregnant. They’re yummy. At the moment I also take iron and vitamin C (which helps with the iron absorption).

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 12:25 pm
My 2 boys with ADHD take omega 3, magnesium and one takes zinc. The other one it made him more hyper. Plus conventional medicine but they really compliment each other.

I started giving my 4 year old the magnesium and I think it helps.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 12:31 pm
My supposedly natural-minded pediatrician doesn’t recommend a multi-vitamin.
One teens vitamin D was extremely low even for a frum kid so he’s on vitamin d vitamins

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 12:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
This is fascinating to me. What do they take and why? Who came up with this regimen? How do you get them to take it? I’m assuming many of them don’t come in chewy candy form…

They take things for chronic infections, inflammation, gut issues, mood/behavior, tics, teeth, acne, hormones and more. Some are based on functional testing, some based on recommendations from providers, mostly based on my own research.
I teach my kids to swallow pills at around 5yo, makes things so much easier. I bribe them. Sometimes a dime for each batch of vitamins, sometimes a dollar store prize at the end of the week. My big one takes them readily at this point, my younger one makes a fuss every time. I let him choose a drink to swallow with, and he likes to chase it with a strawberry applesauce pouch. Sometimes I give him a few chocolate chips too.

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:15 pm
My kids take a multivitamin all year round, and vitamin c, d, and zinc in the winter. One of my kids also takes a acidophilus and blis k probiotic because of recurring strep.

mammala120

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:21 pm
My kids don’t take any vitamins except vit c for when needed. Please for those who share please indicate what brand you use and if it’s helpful for any reason you taking it. I want to start my kids on vitamins. I feel like there are too many PMS. Anxiety. Teeth issues.

Thankyou

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:28 pm
amother Azure wrote:

I put zahlers kidophilis drops in my kids drinks and they don't even taste it. My kids like the Nutrisupreme multivitamins. I would rather give them something food based for better absorption, but they only like these. Dynamic Health liquid c blends right into orange juice. Zahlers vitamin d drops also blend right into anything they're drinking. It completely flavorless.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:44 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Wow. That’s a lot.

Mine get 2 Uncle Moishy chewy multis. Why?As a reward if they are in bed in pjs and I’m sure the vitamins in their are good for them.

I hope that's before they brush their teeth, otherwise they are probably better off without them Smile

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 2:16 pm
None.

I have two on ADHD meds. One on three different meds for migraine headaches. Two take something for constipation, both different from each other. It's enough to remember and force them to take.

I take Vitamin D. I had PMDD and it only stopped when I started taking it. And then I decided years later I didn't need it any more, stopped it, and my mood plummeted. So Vitamin D it is! For me, not for my kids.

I've tried Omegas for me and one of my ADHDers, did nothing. My kids have been on probiotics at one time or another. I tried taking Vitamin C all winter and got sick just as much if not more. And vitamins are expensive! I'd rather just make well-balanced meals. I try to stick to whole grains, offer a variety of vegetables, use fruits as snacks, offer foods with beans, chickpeas, nuts (when they're old enough) and similar healthier ingredients.

So lots of vitamins, but not in pill form Smile

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 2:33 pm
This is wt my kids take: Blue Bonnet chewable Vitamin D3 (2000 IU)
They're all very low on vit D. They only tk it cuz it tastes good. I've tried giving my teen girls the B6-Folate chewable from this same brand but they x like

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 4:32 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:
None.

I have two on ADHD meds. One on three different meds for migraine headaches. Two take something for constipation, both different from each other. It's enough to remember and force them to take.

I take Vitamin D. I had PMDD and it only stopped when I started taking it. And then I decided years later I didn't need it any more, stopped it, and my mood plummeted. So Vitamin D it is! For me, not for my kids.

I've tried Omegas for me and one of my ADHDers, did nothing. My kids have been on probiotics at one time or another. I tried taking Vitamin C all winter and got sick just as much if not more. And vitamins are expensive! I'd rather just make well-balanced meals. I try to stick to whole grains, offer a variety of vegetables, use fruits as snacks, offer foods with beans, chickpeas, nuts (when they're old enough) and similar healthier ingredients.

So lots of vitamins, but not in pill form Smile

I wish my kids would eat better. I do my best but they’re very picky except my oldest who eats like a teen boy bH Very Happy. One is basically subsisting on yogurt and crackers these days.

Amother magenta, why does your ped not recommend multis?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics