Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
CAT s22 flip

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 2:24 pm
Does anyone have this phone and has whatsapp on it?
Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 7:42 pm
bump

Whatsnext

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 7:47 pm
I have it but never tried Whatsapp.

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 8:24 pm
yes I had it in past with whatts app
you can only have at&t service on it

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 8:36 pm
I have it. It's a regular smartphone just smaller. Didn't try Whatsapp but many other apps I do hv and world great. You'll HV to get used to size of screen. I HV TMobile

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:34 pm
So its really a regular smart phone? wouldnt be like I have a dumb phone? Its just a flip smart phone? What was your reasons for getting it?

amother
Clover

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 10:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
So its really a regular smart phone? wouldnt be like I have a dumb phone? Its just a flip smart phone? What was your reasons for getting it?

My reasons for getting it:
1. Looks like a dumb phone
2. The durability and ruggedness
3. Being that it's actually an Android, I have easy access to Uber and Lyft, which I use very often
4. Although it's an Android, the small screen and keypad size make it more difficult to use, so not as addictive or tempting as a standard smartphone.

GoldenOra

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 10:52 pm
I got it but returned it because I found it too small of a screen for me. I want a flip phone but need WhatsApp for work. It’s basically a smartphone brain in a phone that looks like a flip. It’s a heavy phone too, made to last.

brbs

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 5:16 am
Yes what’s app works on it. We use mintmobile or other T-Mobile prepaid service on it.

Coke Slurpee

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 8:38 am
We use it as our home phone. We got it because every other flip phone that we used as our home phone would break. We wanted something very rugged. I didn't want a smartphone for the home phone so I use qustodio and I block almost everything on it.

realtalk

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 8:42 am
I have it with WhatsApp. The screen size is definitely annoying.

I got it because it looks like a dumb phone and I wanted my phone to be annoying so I'd use it less. Major downside coming from a smart phone is that the camera is terrible.

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:02 am
amother Azalea wrote:
yes I had it in past with whatts app
you can only have at&t service on it

Incorrect info.
Some are locked so those can only have specific carriers but lots of them are unlocked and those can be used with most carriers.
My daughter has it with hello mobile carrier.

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:05 am
Coke Slurpee wrote:
We use it as our home phone. We got it because every other flip phone that we used as our home phone would break. We wanted something very rugged. I didn't want a smartphone for the home phone so I use qustodio and I block almost everything on it.

Curious if qustodio is considered a hard filter to bypass? Is it as secure as when tag puts in filters?

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:05 am
amother Clover wrote:
My reasons for getting it:
1. Looks like a dumb phone
2. The durability and ruggedness
3. Being that it's actually an Android, I have easy access to Uber and Lyft, which I use very often
4. Although it's an Android, the small screen and keypad size make it more difficult to use, so not as addictive or tempting as a standard smartphone.

Curious why you care for reason number one? Why is it important?

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:43 am
amother Narcissus wrote:
Curious why you care for reason number one? Why is it important?

Some people live/work in a place or community where a smartphone is looked down upon or actually forbidden. But these people need the benefits of a smartphone so in that sense the CAT is a great option. I know plenty of people that bought it for this reason. I just wonder when the smartphone police is going to chap Smile

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 11:23 am
Can this phone be made kosher by meshimer?

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 11:32 am
amother Honey wrote:
Some people live/work in a place or community where a smartphone is looked down upon or actually forbidden. But these people need the benefits of a smartphone so in that sense the CAT is a great option. I know plenty of people that bought it for this reason. I just wonder when the smartphone police is going to chap Smile

They already did. I know people said their schools… don’t allow it.
Also tag put a filter on for my child a year ago and now said they can’t make changes cuz whoever gives the hechsher doesn’t let them do the s22 phones anymore

Coke Slurpee

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:38 pm
amother Tealblue wrote:
Curious if qustodio is considered a hard filter to bypass? Is it as secure as when tag puts in filters?

On a regular smart device my super tech savvy kid was able to bypass the restricted times/pause/downtime, if he was using it already. In terms of its use as a filter he was unable to access anything that was blocked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics