Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
What’s your go-to chicken on bone recipe for fri night

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 7:01 pm
Easy yummy

todahrabba

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 7:03 pm
Equal amounts of duck sauce mixed with mikees sesame teriyaki sauce .Cover , bake 350 for 1 hr 45 min

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 7:05 pm
Garlic powder, kosher salt, paprika. Put onion circle on top. Cover tightly and bake 2.5 hrs. Yummm

bsy

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 7:37 pm
Cut up onion (and potatoes if you want) and lay chicken on top. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and smoked paprika if you want. Mix duck sauce with a bit of hot sauce and pour on each piece of chicken. Bake at 400 uncovered.

Note: since it bakes uncovered, it helps to boil the potatoes a bit first so they fully cook in the oven and get soft.

jj1236

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 7:42 pm
6 onions sliced thinly (alot, I know, but crucial)- The best way to do this is to use a food processor. I know no one wants to make their food processor dirty but the thinner the onions the easier they will caramelize and the processor does this the best.
4-5 Tablespoons onion soup mix (my preferred brand is Knorr who now makes a no MSG version for only 5 shekel more that is still great and obviously healthier)
3-4 tablespoons olive or canola oil
1/4 -1/3 cup packed brown sugar
salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika
maple syrup
8 chicken bottoms cut in half

Mix the onions, onion soup mix, brown sugar, oil and pepper in a bowl. Put a layer of onions on the bottom of a big roasting pan. Lay the chicken on top and sprinkle with garlic powder and paprika and then cover with the rest of the onion mixture. The chicken tastes best if you let it marinate in the onion mixture overnight as the onions release their juices and add lots more onion flavor to the marinade but you can cook it as is as well. If you let it marinate overnight, increase the cooking time by another 45 minutes.
Cover the chicken tightly with foil and bake at around 350 for an hour and a half AT LEAST. I find people just do not cook their chicken long enough. The longer you cook it covered the more tender the final product will be. No chicken of mine gets cooked for less than an hour and a half covered, sometimes I cook it up to 3 hours covered (that's usually when I forget that I have something in the oven). Uncover, drizzle on some maple syrup and bake for another 1/2 hour or so basting at least once with the juices.

http://thegushgourmet.blogspot......html

my fav

Hashemlovesme1

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 7:51 pm
Mix damp chicken in bag with Breadcrumbs and spices (garlic powder, onion powder, paprika) or just use flavored breadcrumbs. You can put any quick-cooking vegetables underneath, like zucchini, mushroom, peppers.
Bake 400 for about an hour or until pricking it comes out with clear liquid.

shanie5

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 10:07 pm
Montreal chicken spice from McCormick. Pour liberally over chicken, bake 350 uncovered 2 hours. Easy and delicious!

hodeez

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 10:26 pm
What a lovely and timely thread, now which one do I make tomorrow 😃

happy chick

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 10:31 pm
salt, pepper, onion, garlic, paprika and parsley flakes. baked covered for 2-2 1/2 hours.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 10:38 pm
Grind onion in food processor mix together with crushed garlic (I buy from Costco) add paprika for color. Coat top of skinned chicken. Cooked covered 1.5-2 hours between 375 or 400.

GoldenOra

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 1:31 am
Kishka chicken!!!!
Easiest recipe ever and delicious! Everyone will love it and nobody knows how easy it was to make
Take bought kishka and let defrost till you can cut with a knife.
Cut Kishka and put under skin of your chicken. Top your chicken with some pepper and paprika. Bake on 350.
Enjoy

Roots

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 3:06 am
GoldenOra wrote:
Kishka chicken!!!!
Easiest recipe ever and delicious! Everyone will love it and nobody knows how easy it was to make
Take bought kishka and let defrost till you can cut with a knife.
Cut Kishka and put under skin of your chicken. Top your chicken with some pepper and paprika. Bake on 350.
Enjoy

great idea

Roots

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 3:08 am
jj1236 wrote:
http://thegushgourmet.blogspot.com/2010/12/smothered-in-good-way-caramelized-onion.html

my fav

I wish I wouldve seen this last night for the marinade Banging head
maybe next week

a2z

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 3:48 am
Curry & garlic powder
Covered for 2 hours

Or McCormick chicken spice

life is fun

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 4:01 am
Garlic, basil and a little fresh lemon

Garlic, thyme and mushrooms

I only make easy and simple

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 12:32 am
Figured I’d bump this up for Shabbos.

sygirl

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 12:43 am
In roaster, put chicken parts or whole (doesn’t matter) with skin. Drizzle with oil, add paprika. Bake on 350 until just done. Meanwhile, peel and cube one 5lb bag of red potatoes into about 3/4” cubes. Deep fry potatoes in batches until golden. Drain on paper towels. Add fried potatoes to roaster with cooked chicken, tossing potatoes with pan juices. Add salt to potatoes. Nestle the chicken amongst the fried potatoes and return to the oven for another 1.5 hrs or until potatoes are crispy and yummy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note