Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Seminary interviews

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:29 am
What should my daughter expect at a seminary interview? What sort of questions? What can she do to feel more prepared? What sort of questions was your daughter asked?

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 5:23 am
I don't have answers, just another question - my DD is coming to lakewood from OOT for interviews. What should she wear - she said her uniform. Sounds kind of funny since one if her interviews is at a house on Sunday.

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 5:26 am
Most girls do wear uniforms even on Sundays. It’s just easier.

funkygirl

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:00 am
by most interviews they're getting tested on a ramban, I just heard from a girl that was interviewed by Neimas Seminary that they also asked her to explain a michtav meliyahu. but they're considered more high academics so this doesn't come as a surprise to me.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:04 am
and now my daughter says that they are "supposed" to wear black loafers and stud earrings - true???

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:15 am
amother Coral wrote:
and now my daughter says that they are "supposed" to wear black loafers and stud earrings - true???

My daughter has been talking about wearing loafers for a while. No clue about earrings. I think the thought process is to dress as "safe" from judgement as possible 🤷

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 6:21 am
Does anyone know when the interviews are starting?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 6:28 am
For BY seminaries, wear a dark colored sweater (black or navy), solid socks/tights, black shoes. I didn't wear pearl earrings (it became a big joke in school about making an earring gemach) but wear subtle jewelry, no makeup, neat ponytail
Depending on the place, they'll prob first ask some questions based on your application- family, extracurriculars in school, camps, etc.
There will prob be some stock questions about what you hope to gain in seminary, what type of year do you envision yourself having, why do you want to come to our school specifically, etc.
Then they'll give you a chumash and have you prepare a passuk and a meforash (usually ramban) for a few minutes and then you read it to them. Some places give you the prep before your interview, some will give it to you in middle and start someone else's interview while you prepare.

Each place has a slightly different style and type of questions, so if your daughter has friends who went or already interviewed, she can ask them what to expect and what type of questions they'll ask

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 7:39 am
amother Cornsilk wrote:
Does anyone know when the interviews are starting?

My daughter's school posted the schedule for bnos chava, machon raaya and bnos Sarah yesterday

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 7:51 am
funkygirl wrote:
by most interviews they're getting tested on a ramban, I just heard from a girl that was interviewed by Neimas Seminary that they also asked her to explain a michtav meliyahu. but they're considered more high academics so this doesn't come as a surprise to me.

I feel like we're turning our girls into boys

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:10 am
amother Mocha wrote:

Neimas is trying to be like BJJ

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 10:06 am
amother Mocha wrote:

Since when do boys have to know Rambans or Michtav M'Eliyahus? 😂
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info