Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Iceland in March

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 6:41 pm
The Northern Lights have been on my bucket list for a long time. I was thinking of going to Iceland in March because there is good visibility weather permitting and it is a little "warmer" than earlier in the winter. If you have travelled to Iceland in March or anytime in the winter, can you please give me your feedback and advice? Were you miserable with the cold?

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 6:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
The Northern Lights have been on my bucket list for a long time. I was thinking of going to Iceland in March because there is good visibility weather permitting and it is a little "warmer" than earlier in the winter. If you have travelled to Iceland in March or anytime in the winter, can you please give me your feedback and advice? Were you miserable with the cold?

I went in February. It was soooooooo cold but still a great trip! Weather did NOT ruin it for us.

doctorima

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 7:03 pm
Iceland in the winter can be extremely unpredictable. The aurora borealis can be surreal and breathtaking, but if you're not prepared for the conditions around you, you won't be able to enjoy it.

Here's a trip report from Dansdeals from 3 guys who went in late February and saw some amazing lights and got some out-of-this-world photos, but were lucky to survive the weather conditions they ended up experiencing:

https://forums.dansdeals.com/I.....461.0

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 7:21 pm
Tnks!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 7:38 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
I went in February. It was soooooooo cold but still a great trip! Weather did NOT ruin it for us.

Can you advise me about outerwear?

GrowingUp

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 4:25 am
doctorima wrote:
Iceland in the winter can be extremely unpredictable. The aurora borealis can be surreal and breathtaking, but if you're not prepared for the conditions around you, you won't be able to enjoy it.

Here's a trip report from Dansdeals from 3 guys who went in late February and saw some amazing lights and got some out-of-this-world photos, but were lucky to survive the weather conditions they ended up experiencing:

https://forums.dansdeals.com/I.....461.0

Thanks for posting this trip report. I’ve got no plans of going to Iceland, but this is a fascinating read.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 5:11 am
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics