Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby screams in carseat
Previous  1  2

workout geek

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 10:16 am
It can sometimes be that the position in the carseat hurts their hips/lower back. If you use a chiropractor or know a PT they can help with that. Sometimes they just need a slight adjustment to get realigned and they do much better in the carseat after.

amother
Banana

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 10:52 am
Does your baby take a paci?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 10:59 am
And the coccoon that everyone in lakewood has on their doona is terrible,
Why in the world are people still using it!

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 11:01 am
amother Chartreuse wrote:
And the coccoon that everyone in lakewood has on their doona is terrible,
Why in the world are people still using it!

What’s wrong with it? Keeps the baby warm without compromising the safety of the car seat.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 11:02 am
Got it. No coat.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 11:15 am
amother Hosta wrote:
What’s wrong with it? Keeps the baby warm without compromising the safety of the car seat.

Way to warm , baby overheats .baby cant see daylight..

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 11:17 am
Before you go out and buy a new seat.. take off the coat and fix the way she’s strapped in. I know people claim babies just scream for no reason in the car, but walking around I see that most babies are not strapped in correctly. Doing it correctly fixes the issue 90% of the time.

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 11:19 am

I open it in the car and zip it up when we get out. And baby’s face peeks out so there’s plenty of daylight. I love it, so much warmer, safer, and easier than the old bundle me, and it stays in place and keeps baby warmer than a blanket.

amother
Banana

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 11:20 am

My baby loved it, never sweated or cried. It’s cozy and very warm. I love knowing that my baby is shielded from the cold air, it’s a great product. There’s an opening that does let light in.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 11:23 am
amother Banana wrote:
Does your baby take a paci?

Nope Sad

Lovable

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 11:34 am
This is hard! My baby was the same.
Try Music. Turn on the music while youre strapping her in and keep it going the entire ride
Also, no coat. cover her in a blanket instead.
We have a 'car blanket'. one that I keep in the car so we always have one there

AlwaysGrateful

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 11:44 am
It usually lasts a few months. Most of my babies did this, especially if the car was stopped. It was HARD and stressful. Sometimes putting on music or singing helps for a bit. When they get older you can give them a rice cake to gnaw or something if they're still doing it (hopefully not!). But in the meantime, it's just stressful.

I guess it's to prepare us for when they're toddlers and they're screaming because they want something and we just need to empathize and be okay that we can't stop the crying...

GLUE

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 1:24 pm
Lovable wrote:
This is hard! My baby was the same.
Try Music. Turn on the music while youre strapping her in and keep it going the entire ride
Also, no coat. cover her in a blanket instead.
We have a 'car blanket'. one that I keep in the car so we always have one there

I never understood that, you cover your kid with a blanket to keep them warm.
What good is covering them with a blanket that is cold from being in the car over night? How is that cold blanket suppose to keep a kid warm?

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 3:17 pm
My 11 month old still hates the car…we tried a couple different car seats, if she’s strapped in for more than 5-7 min she starts screaming. She is an extremely active baby, so I think that’s why. It’s super fun 🙈
We are the pick up and go type of family, and this really has made us limit ourselves over the last year! We are the type to drive 2-4 hours away a few times a year - but not this year! Waiting for the day she grows out of it!

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 3:21 pm
I’m so sorry it’s so so rough. My baby had this and it was miserable for both of us- I literally couldn’t go anywhere. She finally started getting better now - she’s 7 months. So iyH your baby will outgrow it quicker…

mfb

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 3:21 pm
One of my kids screamed from when they were a newborn (think the way home from the baby home)
When this kid got older (1 year around) they started vomiting every time we traveled. Since then I wonder if this kid was nauseous and that’s why they cried in the car all the tome
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics