Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Plus Sides of Poverty (light)
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 2:33 pm
FWIW many of these are actually true.
I grew up in a simple household, with old navy or secondhand clothes, never know about the concept of high end anything designer.
Now as a mother of kids were in a different demographic, and I sometimes feel like an alien, sometimes wanna scream, and many times wish I can just press a button and go back to simpler times.
It’s so silly, all of it. Worrying about impressing people, chasing after labels, babysitting furniture, agonizing over color schemes….
Right now we’re in a shabby apartment and part of me is dreading the move to a new fancy house because I’m afraid I’ll always be stressing over the kids ruining something.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 2:47 pm
We don't have to decide between Are we going to Hawai or Mexico for Yeshiva Week

BH Yom Yom

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 2:51 pm
The rooms we don’t have don’t need to be cleaned! Very Happy

top mom

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 4:04 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:
The rooms we don’t have don’t need to be cleaned! Very Happy

Yup, I always boast that my: Upstairs, playroom, Office, living room, basement, seforim room, coat closet, attic, garage, guest room, laundry room, linen closet etc. are already cleaned for pesach Very Happy

meyerlemon44

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 4:37 pm
Don't need to worry about booking Pesach vacations, and I'm never bothered by people knocking for tzedakah!

amother
Hawthorn

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 5:26 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
FWIW many of these are actually true.
I grew up in a simple household, with old navy or secondhand clothes, never know about the concept of high end anything designer.
Now as a mother of kids were in a different demographic, and I sometimes feel like an alien, sometimes wanna scream, and many times wish I can just press a button and go back to simpler times.
It’s so silly, all of it. Worrying about impressing people, chasing after labels, babysitting furniture, agonizing over color schemes….
Right now we’re in a shabby apartment and part of me is dreading the move to a new fancy house because I’m afraid I’ll always be stressing over the kids ruining something.

So interesting. Growing up, my family was wealthy. Not overly showy, not spoiled, but we still could easily afford anything we wanted. I was never into fancy or labels or things like that, and my mother would get concerned that I wasn't "normal."

I am raising my family in a different situation. Dh in chinuch, etc. Other than the discomfort around my family (all of whom are in the same sphere as they used to be), I feel like I "fit" much better. Pinching pennies and all...

GLUE

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 5:31 pm
I am saving the planet by not buying disposable dishes.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics