Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Culinary Conundrum: Tips for Picky Eaters?
Previous  1  2

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 3:11 pm
mandr wrote:
This! My 2 year old never ate schnitzel when I served it for supper, and I offered it many times. Last night I let him help me prepare them. he spooned crumbs over all the chicken pieces and was thrilled. When I brought them to the table he surprised me by grabbing one, eating it, and then taking another!

Wow Surprised Great!

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 3:17 pm
OP I also have a picky eater. If he doesnt' like supper (Which is basically always) he can have cereal, yogurt, frozen pizza or make a bread sandwich with cream cheese or butter.

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 3:19 pm
mandr wrote:
This! My 2 year old never ate schnitzel when I served it for supper, and I offered it many times. Last night I let him help me prepare them. he spooned crumbs over all the chicken pieces and was thrilled. When I brought them to the table he surprised me by grabbing one, eating it, and then taking another!

That's great. The 2-year-old going to a picky eating stage is very different than older children who are picky eaters.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 3:33 pm
Read the book on food chaining

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 4:45 pm
I have some picky eaters. I try to accommodate without cooking extra. For example I will serve the spaghetti separate from the meatballs. Then the picky eater can at least eat the spaghetti.

But sometimes it's a no win. Then my kids know they can go to the kitchen and take yogurt, make themselves a sandwich or have a bowl of cereal and milk.

amother
DarkGray

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 4:55 pm
I have this plus some allergies I group meals so that everyone has something reasonable to eat: ex: hamburgers and hot dogs, fish sticks and salmon, falafel and chumus with fries and pita, shnitzel with chicken nuggets. Plus they can always have a sandwich or chumus or oatmeal or noodles with cheese as an alternate.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics