Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Made in Germany - change?
Previous  1  2

SuperWify

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 6:13 pm
So many good products are German.

Meile
Bosch
Mercedes
Audi
Bently
Volkswagen
Aldi and Lidl - known nazi connection
Siemens
Ect

So many brands had connection to nazis. Ford, IBM, Hugo Boss, Chanel, baccarat, Chase, ….

If we wrote up a comprehensive list it would be pretty long.

Here’s a list actually. Horrifying. And long. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik.....caust

Last edited by SuperWify on Sun, Dec 31 2023, 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

SuperWify

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 6:14 pm
Side point but a did you see this?

Fallen Israeli Soldier Was Grandson of Germans Who Came to Israel to Atone for Holocaust

https://www.haaretz.com/israel.....c0000

They established a nursing home for Holocaust survivors after the war and their children served in the IDF.

GLUE

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 6:17 pm
Artificial Vanilla is made in Germany, when I was a young girl there was someone who I knew who would not eat it.
She did not eat any commercial products that had artificial Vanilla in them. No bakery cakes, cookies, ice cream and I am sure a bunch more. I thought it was an allergy until I was an adult and found out why.

Fast Forward

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 6:27 pm
Thank you Scintilla.

scintilla

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 7:21 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Side point but a did you see this?

Fallen Israeli Soldier Was Grandson of Germans Who Came to Israel to Atone for Holocaust

https://www.haaretz.com/israel.....c0000

They established a nursing home for Holocaust survivors after the war and their children served in the IDF.

There's a paywall but just from that little bit you wrote, wow!

scintilla

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 7:24 pm
GLUE wrote:
Artificial Vanilla is made in Germany, when I was a young girl there was someone who I knew who would not eat it.
She did not eat any commercial products that had artificial Vanilla in them. No bakery cakes, cookies, ice cream and I am sure a bunch more. I thought it was an allergy until I was an adult and found out why.

So interesting! I tried googling to see if that's still the case, doesn't seem so, but artificial vanilla was invented by German scientists.

Even the word German (typing it now more than ever) looks so Nazi-y... Apologies to the poster upthread who is German!!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:06 pm
the german jews I know say that the only products to avoid are companies that supported the nazis during wartime. there is no reaso to avoid all german products.

Librarian

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:25 pm
Coco Chanel was a nazi collaborator it makes me sick when I see so many frum women decked out in Chanel

SuperWify

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 11:12 pm
Librarian wrote:
Coco Chanel was a nazi collaborator it makes me sick when I see so many frum women decked out in Chanel

Plot twist, it was taken over by French Jews after she died. They escaped to America during the Holocaust. And they were the first to donate to Israel after October 7th.

Last edited by SuperWify on Sun, Dec 31 2023, 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Librarian

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 11:25 pm
Good to know!

SuperWify

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 11:37 pm
Librarian wrote:
Good to know!

But yes, she was a horrible woman.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 11:39 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
the german jews I know say that the only products to avoid are companies that supported the nazis during wartime. there is no reaso to avoid all german products.

ITA but we’d be avoiding so many brands. Look at the list o posted. Even Chase bank had ties! I had no idea. It’s definitely not comprehensive. They are missing so much more.

Chase- Assisted in the sale of Nazi war bonds (Rueckwanderer Marks) to German Americans.

And stop buying those ridiculous Baccarat butterflies- Produced propaganda items for Nazi State and Vichy Collaborating State.

Laiya

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 12:28 pm
And now Germany will be supporting Israel at the ICJ.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics