Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Traveling with sheitels

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 7:40 am
I have a wedding over midwinter break that we're flying in for shortly before
I need to get my sheitels done where I live because all the sheitel machers where I'm going are close over midwinter break.
How do people travel with sheitels so they don't get ruined? I'm traveling with kids and suitcases so I won't have the hands for a sheitel box
I need at least one sheitel to be functional for the wedding
Any tips?
Is there any hope for my sheitels

amother
Nemesia

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 7:42 am
How long is the flight. To save the integrity of the set, best to wear it on your head.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 7:43 am
amother Nemesia wrote:
How long is the flight. To save the integrity of the set, best to wear it on your head.

Help I have a toddler who pulls out sheitel curls? The flight might do more harm than good

peace2

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 9:07 am
Lay your shaitel in a shoe box, stuff the cap with tissue paper or paper towels to hold the shape, secure the top of the box so it doesn't pop open. If it's long, tuck the bottom into the cap gently. I did this recently and it held up very nicely. You'll have to comb it out once you get there but you can ask your shaitelmacher not to comb the curls out when she styles it so you can do it there and the style will fall into place

sub

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 9:38 am
peace2 wrote:
Lay your shaitel in a shoe box, stuff the cap with tissue paper or paper towels to hold the shape, secure the top of the box so it doesn't pop open. If it's long, tuck the bottom into the cap gently. I did this recently and it held up very nicely. You'll have to comb it out once you get there but you can ask your shaitelmacher not to comb the curls out when she styles it so you can do it there and the style will fall into place

This is what I do. I use a men’s shoe box they are a little bigger and good for longer wigs. I stuff my tights and soft items in the cap. Gently fold edges and tissue paper over. The box I put in between clothing.
I traveled a-lot. And always held the style.

sara1232

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 9:40 am
I second the shoebox. Used one on a 12 hr flight to israel and it held up very nicely.

theoneandonly

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 9:56 am
Get a big shoe box or a special travel wig box. Ask your shaitelmacher to put the freshly set wig into the box correctly. Put the box in your carry on.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 12:57 pm
I bought this for traveling, worth the investment

https://www.amazon.com/Adjusta.....?th=1

amother
Nemesia

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 1:31 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
I bought this for traveling, worth the investment

https://www.amazon.com/Adjusta.....?th=1

I bought this. But shaitel gets shmushed when it tuck it in around the lowered head to zip and travel with it.
I ended up buying just the collapsible head which takes up less space and I can easily stick it in my carry on. I use a satin drawstring bag for my wig. I use a shoe box used if need to contain a wedding wig.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics