Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Tipping Medicaid taxi driver

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 8:10 am
Just wondering if everyone who uses Medicaid taxis tips the drivers for every ride. If so, how much do you tip?

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 8:32 am
amother OP wrote:
Just wondering if everyone who uses Medicaid taxis tips the drivers for every ride. If so, how much do you tip?

If the driver helps me with my very heavy stroller in and out of the trunk he gets a tip. If he does it without me asking, it’s a generous tip (for my budget).
I don’t know what the standard is though…

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jan 10 2024, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Carnation

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 9:04 am
I once took a Medicaid taxi and tipped the driver. She was very surprised with it so maybe it's not the norm.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 10:01 am
I always feel obligated to tip. It just adds up when there are lots of trips, with two tips each time.
Was really wondering what other ppl are doing.
Would love to hear some feedback from more Medicaid taxi users.

amother
Daisy

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 11:09 am
Not ny but no.
Why would I?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 3:48 pm
Because for a regular taxi (non Medicaid) I usually tip - unless the driver is not nice or doesn’t offer to help at all if I have bags. But I don’t take regular taxis often. I’ve always assumed that tips for Medicaid rides are expected. They really add up!

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 3:58 pm
Legally they are not allowed to ask for a tip so if you do its a nice extra thing for them. (where as with regular car service it is kind of expected). I am not wealthy but I view a car service ride as a save of a lot of money so if it's a short trip locally then I give a dollar. If it's to manhattan I give 2-5 dollars. And I give per person in the car so if riding with my Husband etc I give extra...

Not to derail but out of curiosity OP which vendor do you use (asking because not always easy to find good ones)

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 6:50 pm
Yes, not easy to find good ones at all. I’ve had such nightmares with several of them! Crazy late pickups, hours of waiting for return ride, drivers being given the wrong number to contact me, etc.

I posted on here actually, asking for recommendations. One of them was Safe Ride. They were good until they weren’t anymore! Claimed to have been calling me but my phone never rang. That happened a few times. And now they also don’t accept bookings if it’s more than 10 miles.

I just started trying Agape again. The most recent trip I had with them was decent both ways. Maybe they have improved. Will see how future rides go.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries