Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Gan Yisroel Girls School

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:11 pm
I'm looking for info about Gan Yisroel. I have a couple specific questions, but any more info on the school is welcome.
How big is the typical class size (in the mainstream setting)? Do they have parallel classes or one class per grade?
Do they have their own busses and/or have bussing through the city?
Thank you.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm looking for info about Gan Yisroel. I have a couple specific questions, but any more info on the school is welcome.
How big is the typical class size (in the mainstream setting)? Do they have parallel classes or one class per grade?
Do they have their own busses and/or have bussing through the city?
Thank you.

Hi
Firstly you can search in Imamother to find where this school has been discussed in the past.
Regarding your questions:
I'm not sure about class sizes
They have parallel classes
They have their own buses that go all around B.P.

amother
Dustypink

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 9:57 pm
Gut voch, we send there very happy bh. Class sizes for my kids around 15-20 bh. Buses just fine like everyone else in Bp.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 6:14 pm
Thanks for the replies.
I've already searched previous threads but didn't see answers to my specific questions.
We actually don't live in Boro Park, but in another area of Brooklyn. Are there other girls who come from outside of Boro Park, and if so, how do they get to school?

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 6:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for the replies.
I've already searched previous threads but didn't see answers to my specific questions.
We actually don't live in Boro Park, but in another area of Brooklyn. Are there other girls who come from outside of Boro Park, and if so, how do they get to school?

There are some from other places. If you're Lubavitch from CH I'm not so sure they accept BTW

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 8:16 pm
[quote="amother Yarrow"]There are some from other places. If you're Lubavitch from CH I'm not so sure they accept

Do you know why?

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 9:04 pm
[quote="amother OP"]
amother Yarrow wrote:
There are some from other places. If you're Lubavitch from CH I'm not so sure they accept

Do you know why?

I think it has to do with changing the dynamic of the school. It's geared to a certain crowd and they don't want it taken over. But that's just me speculating.
Speak to Rabbi Ginsberg. I know there were rare exceptions.
Regarding a ride, if you're speaking about elementary they have a few staff from CH, not 100% sure how they commute or at what times but potentially you can look into that keeping in mind that it changes by the year. IIRC no one from CH is working in preschool this year but I may be mistaken.

Do you need contact info?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 3:34 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
I think it has to do with changing the dynamic of the school. It's geared to a certain crowd and they don't want it taken over. But that's just me speculating.
Speak to Rabbi Ginsberg. I know there were rare exceptions.
Regarding a ride, if you're speaking about elementary they have a few staff from CH, not 100% sure how they commute or at what times but potentially you can look into that keeping in mind that it changes by the year. IIRC no one from CH is working in preschool this year but I may be mistaken.

Do you need contact info?

That would make sense.
I have their contact info already, but thank you.

amother
Dustypink

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:56 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
There are some from other places. If you're Lubavitch from CH I'm not so sure they accept BTW

Op I wish you so much success! Choosing a school for kids can be hard. There r tons of great schools in CH, why r u specifically looking for a BP school? Because Gan yisroel is at the end of the day a Boro park school, which is quite different than CH schools. We lived in ch and in Bp and know. We sent to Beis Rivkah and now to Gan yisroel.
I know families in Bp who send their kids to ch if they want that chinuch as well. I think it’s probably best if u can find a good option where u r, and know that no school is perfect, some years r better than others, etc.
If ur looking for a more chassidshe chinuch doesn’t CH have Bnos Menachem, oyyl has girls, or Beis chaya mushka? Or some smaller school ateret I think, etc
Hatzlacha raba!

amother
Yarrow

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 8:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
That would make sense.
I have their contact info already, but thank you.

Hatzalacha!
It's probably best to speak to Rabbi himself

amother
Yarrow

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 8:11 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
Op I wish you so much success! Choosing a school for kids can be hard. There r tons of great schools in CH, why r u specifically looking for a BP school? Because Gan yisroel is at the end of the day a Boro park school, which is quite different than CH schools. We lived in ch and in Bp and know. We sent to Beis Rivkah and now to Gan yisroel.
I know families in Bp who send their kids to ch if they want that chinuch as well. I think it’s probably best if u can find a good option where u r, and know that no school is perfect, some years r better than others, etc.
If ur looking for a more chassidshe chinuch doesn’t CH have Bnos Menachem, oyyl has girls, or Beis chaya mushka? Or some smaller school ateret I think, etc
Hatzlacha raba!

I'm really curious in what way you think the schools you mentioned are similarto each other, other than not being BR...

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 8:51 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
Hatzlacha raba!

Yes, there is are many schools in Crown Heights, but unfortunately, the smaller ones which would be more ideal for my daughter, are not well run. I am trying to think out of the box and see what other options there are in other areas of Brooklyn too. (I would even consider a school that has no connection to Chabad at this point.)

amother
Dustypink

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 9:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes, there is are many schools in Crown Heights, but unfortunately, the smaller ones which would be more ideal for my daughter, are not well run. I am trying to think out of the box and see what other options there are in other areas of Brooklyn too. (I would even consider a school that has no connection to Chabad at this point.)

I hear that. Some smaller schools in Bp are a diff Beis Yakov, like Beis Yakov Bensonhurst I think it is or I’m not sure what it’s called there’s some smaller Beis Yakov school in Bp that’s supposed to be very good. Like good crowd, well run, normal school oh I think it’s called Beis Yakov drav Meir? Maybe another ima can chime in if she knows.
Maybe they would take out of Bp? Or you could look into schools in flatbush, they would be well run if that’s what you are looking for.

amother
Dustypink

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 9:39 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
I'm really curious in what way you think the schools you mentioned are similarto each other, other than not being BR...

I never said they are similar to eachother per se, they r all more chassidush than BR and I assumed that’s what op is looking for if she’s considering Gan yisroel. That’s all.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 9:58 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
I never said they are similar to eachother per se, they r all more chassidush than BR and I assumed that’s what op is looking for if she’s considering Gan yisroel. That’s all.

I would disagree with your assumption, but I hear where you're coming from
Also Chassidish and Chaseedish are not the same thing

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:36 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
I would disagree with your assumption, but I hear where you're coming from
Also Chassidish and Chaseedish are not the same thing

So what did you think OP was looking for?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics