Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Midwinter-where can I go with girls-not Florida

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 10:06 am
Where can I take my girls for midwinter vacation? I don’t drive so I would need to fly there, someplace with kosher food and not spend a lot of money.

elisheva25

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 10:21 am
Phoenix, Arizona ?

dandan

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 10:21 am
You won’t rly be able to fly somewhere w kosher food and not spend a lot…if you are willing to spend the closest/ easiest is Cancun/playa.
I know a lot of families are going this year to a hotel and doing meals together

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 10:22 am
dandan wrote:
the closest/ easiest is Cancun/playa.

Closest to who? To you? Lol

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 10:31 am
Arizona? Texas?catskill mountains?

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:55 pm
How old are they? What activities do you /they like?

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:08 pm
Do you really think it's realistic to get plane tickets, pay for hotel and ubers, eat out, and not spend a lot of money?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:12 pm
Op, maybe list your budget range. "Not spending a lot" means different amounts to different people.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:25 pm
What area do you live in? Perhaps you can take an Uber somewhere and stay a few days which is cheaper than flying. For example if you’re in the tri state area, there are many ski resorts within an hour or two.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:33 pm
If you go with girls only and aren't picky eaters you can go literally anywhere! There's always a Walmart where you can pick up basic food.

STMommy

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:40 pm
How about taking Amtrak to Philly, Boston or Washington DC

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:42 pm
STMommy wrote:
How about taking Amtrak to Philly, Boston or Washington DC

This is a good idea. And you can bring food along and maybe budget one meal at a restaurant as a treat.

amother
Sand

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:44 pm
Why do you need to fly because you don't drive? Surely it's cheaper to just rent a car with a driver? And how do you get to and from the airport? Could you explain the logic? I'm really intrigued.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:51 pm
amother Sand wrote:
Why do you need to fly because you don't drive? Surely it's cheaper to just rent a car with a driver? And how do you get to and from the airport? Could you explain the logic? I'm really intrigued.

My goodness, no reason to put op on the witness stand! It sounds like she might not have much traveling experience in her background so she reached out here to get some ideas. Obviously if she gives specific details as to budget or activities or length of trip, people can help her accordingly. But no reason to put her on a defense mode just because she ventured with a simple question! She needs to start somewhere!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 2:30 pm
You can book a beautiful, comfortable villa in/near frum neighborhood, and order kosher food through Uber Eats. Can do fun activities at your villa such as board games, paint night, at-home escape room, hot cocoa party, etc. Uber can take you there and back.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 3:38 pm
Arizona
Phoenix Tucson
Or Scottsdale

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 3:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
Where can I take my girls for midwinter vacation? I don’t drive so I would need to fly there, someplace with kosher food and not spend a lot of money.

You can take a taxi to Meadowlands Plaza Hotel in NJ. They have a free shuttle to and from American Dream which is close by.
https://meadowlandsplazahotel.com/

Or you can take the Boro Park bus to American Dream and stay at Meadowlands Plaza and have them pick you up from the mall with their shuttle.

Monday there's an 4 hour all girls day at the water park you can purchase tickets for. You can visit the mall another day for more activities. There are a few kosher eateries at the mall.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 4:16 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
You can take a taxi to Meadowlands Plaza Hotel in NJ. They have a free shuttle to and from American Dream which is close by.
https://meadowlandsplazahotel.com/

Or you can take the Boro Park bus to American Dream and stay at Meadowlands Plaza and have them pick you up from the mall with their shuttle.

Monday there's an 4 hour all girls day at the water park you can purchase tickets for. You can visit the mall another day for more activities. There are a few kosher eateries at the mall.

Op never said she's located in BP, nor when her midwinter vacation is, but I believe the BP bus to American Dream is no longer running. She can call Monsey Trails to confirm. The water park is rented out for women one specific day, I think it's the last Monday in January. Is that the day your girls are off?

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 4:28 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Op never said she's located in BP, nor when her midwinter vacation is, but I believe the BP bus to American Dream is no longer running. She can call Monsey Trails to confirm. The water park is rented out for women one specific day, I think it's the last Monday in January. Is that the day your girls are off?

There are no longer busses running to American dream mall.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics