Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Job with washing

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 4:01 pm
I am thinking of having a shop in a local shopping mall for washing, dry cleaning, folding up laundry and ironing.
I am thinking of also offering to check if there is Shaatnez in any clothes and to offer to dry clean tzitzis and Taleisos.

Do you think ladies will take their dirty laundry out of their cars and bring it all in a big bag into a shopping centre?
Do you think there is need for this in a frum area?

TIA

Genius

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 4:04 pm
For me it’ll be easier to just wash my laundry. If you pick up and deliver you’ll reach a larger clientele.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 4:16 pm
Folding laundry that has been washed, dried, and crammed into a bag and maybe left for a few days is a waste of time. It will be so creased that it needs washing again or extensive ironing before you can fold it.

My grandmother took in ironing for a few years after she retired. She said when people brought her bags of clothes, the creases were so set in that she would often run it through the washing machine on a rinse cycle then let it dry, just to start fresh. Technically it was extra work, but it made the ironing much, much easier.

Genius

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 4:18 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Folding laundry that has been washed, dried, and crammed into a bag and maybe left for a few days is a waste of time. It will be so creased that it needs washing again or extensive ironing before you can fold it.

My grandmother took in ironing for a few years after she retired. She said when people brought her bags of clothes, the creases were so set in that she would often run it through the washing machine on a rinse cycle then let it dry, just to start fresh. Technically it was extra work, but it made the ironing much, much easier.

Op sounds like she wants dirty laundry to clean. Not clean laundry to fold/iron.

justforfun87

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 4:28 pm
Agree. No one is dropping off laundry. Bigger demand for pickup/drop off.

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 5:25 pm
A laundromat? Yes there’s a service need however mostly in areas that have a lot of apartment buildings (often don’t have washer dryer hook ups in the apartments).
Also, it has to be easy access. For example if I had to lug a bag out my car thru a mall and up a step I wouldn’t do it.
If I can park and roll out one of the wheely baskets to my car dump the bag in and wheel it back inside within 1 minute then yes I’m much more inclined to go there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics