Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
6 month old diaper rash only in the front (girl)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 10:09 am
Meaning only on the top not in the classic diaper area. It’s bright pink. I tried triple paste and desistin on. Helped a little but not really. Any ideas? If I have to I’ll go to dr but would rather try at home if there’s a better option.

scruffy

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 10:14 am
If it has little pimples it's probably yeast, you can use some antifungal cream with the triple paste/ desitin on top.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 10:16 am
I agree it's fungal, only anti fungal cream will help.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 10:16 am
I find coconut oil helpful
If you don’t see a difference by the 2nd diaper change (not gone but a little better) then go to the dr.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 10:17 am
scruffy wrote:
If it has little pimples it's probably yeast, you can use some antifungal cream with the triple paste/ desitin on top.

There’s no pimples..

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 10:36 am
It can still be yeast. Bathe her with apple cider vinegar. And/or baking soda.
Use a paper towel with water diluted apple cider vinegar and wipe her down after every diaper change.

If that doesn't help, use a anti yeast cream 2-3x a day.

My kid had similar and it WAS yeast. At first it was just bright pink and painful. Wipes made it 10x worse she cried when I used wipes.
And after it got pimpley. So whenever I see it getting irritated again I add apple cider vinegar (organic with the mother) and it helps like magic bh!

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 10:55 am
It can be bacterial as well. I\d take her to the doctor.

Lovable

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 11:05 am
After applying the cream, sprinkle corn starch generously
That should absorb most of the urine and help the rash heal faster

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 12:47 pm
Lovable wrote:
After applying the cream, sprinkle corn starch generously
That should absorb most of the urine and help the rash heal faster

Not if it's a yeast infection. The cornstarch will only feed the fungus and make the situation worse yet.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 12:49 pm
Sorry to hijack, but my baby has a yeast rash. Apple cider vinegar definitely helps, how often and how long am I supposed to use it for?

AllThings

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 1:36 pm
When you say 'on the top not in the classic diaper area,' do you mean more the stomach area? That could be strep.

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 1:54 pm
Sounds like a yeast infection. My daughter seems to get them quite often. If she is sitting in a dirty diaper for a while that seems to start it off.

amother
Bellflower

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 1:58 pm
Only thing that got rid of my baby’s yeast infection was Lotrimin, then triple paste on top, then aquaphor on top of that. Had to be consistent every diaper change and would change her at the first sign of a diaper.
Also if you can let her be without a diaper for as long as you can every day. I bought the doggy pee pads so she could play on it - it really needs to breath because yeast thrives on a wet contained environment like a diaper.

Queen6

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 2:08 pm
Use organic diapers. Switch over completely.

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 6:37 pm
Don’t use regular wipes, they make it worse. Wash baby with water and a baby soap if you need to. Pat dry with a towel. Try allow more air to reach the area. Leave the diapers a little looser around the legs. Give the baby time without a diaper while napping or sleeping. They can lie on a towel instead. And see the pediatrician if it worsens or the redness spreads beyond the diaper area. Change baby frequently. Lotrimin can be tried but if it doesn’t start working within two applications or it looks like it’s raw or weeping, have them seen sooner.

esther7

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 10:19 pm
I had this with one of my babies. Dr recommended switching to a diaper for sensitive skin and that worked for us. I use pampers sensitive but he also mentioned seventh generation as a good option

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 10:27 pm
AllThings wrote:
When you say 'on the top not in the classic diaper area,' do you mean more the stomach area? That could be strep.

I was thinking this. Is it v@ginal? Or is it above that?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics