Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Long flight with kids, need ideas

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:51 pm
I'm going to be traveling overseas with 6 kids, ages 1-14. I need your best ideas. Flight is 10 hours long.
Here's what I have so far
Crayons/coloring books
For older kids-crossword puzzles and sudoku
Electronic handheld games
Stickers
Lots of food

amother
Cognac

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:59 pm
Get them each a tablet, they wont need any other entertainment.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 8:02 pm
Melissa & Doug 17-Piece Wooden Take-Along Tabletop Railroad, 3 Trains, Truck, Play Pieces, Bridge Wooden Train Sets For Kids Ages 3+ - FSC-Certified Materials https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K.....ss_tl

amother
Kiwi

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 8:07 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
Melissa & Doug 17-Piece Wooden Take-Along Tabletop Railroad, 3 Trains, Truck, Play Pieces, Bridge Wooden Train Sets For Kids Ages 3+ - FSC-Certified Materials https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K.....ss_tl

Have you used this on an airplane tray bigger? The photo makes it look much bigger

amother
Begonia

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 8:18 pm
Make sure you bring real food, not just snacks.

I'm a big fan of Melatonin or benadryl for flights. It helps them sleep and pass some of the time at least.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 8:39 pm
So I always get my kids matching bookbags and prefill them with food, snacks, sensory toys (like squishy, beady things), a Nintendo switch, games, headphones, a fresh pair of socks, sticker books and a personal blanket / neckroll. All stuff (aside from the Nintendo, blanket and neckroll) that they've never seen. My teen daughter gets some new kpop magazines, my 10 year old gets new Pokémon cards, stuff like that. The bookbag is good for ID purposes, just in case, and the kids are excited to see what mom loaded them with. We've done this long haul a few times and it works well. Good luck!

YounginBP

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 8:43 pm
Check mother could storefront on Amazon
She has many links with ideas
Toddlers spinners, reusable stickers, boogie boards

Pack separate carryons for each kid. Preferably knapsacks so each kid is responsible for their own

Not sure if you have anyone in diapers, change of clothes, extra wipes, paci, bottle with the drink, blanket etc

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:20 pm
Thank you! This is so helpful, keep the ideas coming!

Boca00

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:22 pm
I typed up a schedule for the kids with things to do during each time slot.

Can’t remember everything off hand but I filled a backpack for each of them with Jewish magazines, soft cover books, little Lego sets, snacks, erasable writing tablets, snacks, lunch and other small stuff. A portable DVD player or a way to listen to stories from your phone would be helpful too.

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 6:23 pm
Bump. Also looking for ideas. My kids get super kvetchy with tablet and movies. They do much better with stories and games. Any ideas ?? Liteweight travel games or family games like I spy.. 21 questions...ect
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics