Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
"Birth plan" for twin birth
Previous  1  2

amother
Maize

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 12:22 am
I would save my money for after. If your funds are limited thats when youll need it. Youve given birth and even had a cesarean. You know the drill.

I had twins twice in Monmouth (near Lakewood). Labour in regular l&d and transfer to OR at 10 cm for delivery. I was pushed down the hall in the regular bed from the regular l&d room to the OR. Delivery pushed like regular.

First time they strongly recommended an epidural. Second time they said fine to skip but had the iv in place and anesthesiologist standing by (I would have had to go completely under if I had needed). Went fine. I asked for no epidural but would not have argued if they had said no. I had actually asked at my last few appts and those docs said ok, but I had a diff one for delivery and wanted to make sure she was on board. She was fine. (2nd time babies were both head down side by side like regular birth, first time baby B was tranverse very high - but came down nicely head first - with some hand manipulation on the outside of my stomach- to be born naturally.)

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 1:02 am
I’m not sure a doula would be much help for you. Once you have the epidural, what is she going to do for you? Bshaah tova. My daughter had twins and it’s amazing.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 1:37 am
amother Jasmine wrote:
I’m not sure a doula would be much help for you. Once you have the epidural, what is she going to do for you? Bshaah tova. My daughter had twins and it’s amazing.

Not a twin birth, had an unplanned c section with a doula recently and I'm so glad I had her. The nurse I had in recovery wasn't very helpful I had some very scary side effects from the anesthesia and the doula really kept it from being more traumatic than it was

English3

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 5:27 am
I had a doula and really appreciated it. She came in by my false labours. I gave birth a week later but I had who to consult with the whole time.

I arrived to birth pushing in the ambulance. My doula cut my underwear instead of the men. I delivered the first twin on arrival in a regular room. It was very chaos as I was pushing and the nurses were trying to connect me to an IV. I kept on jumping and not being focused. My doula was holding my hand and trying to calm me down.

Twin two was born a footling ten minutes later without an epidural. He was born grey but perked up pretty quickly.

I got to hold them for two minutes before twin two was whisked off to NICU as he weighed less than four pound. Twin one stayed with me as he was slightly bigger.

I gave birth at 34 weeks.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 9:10 pm
English3 wrote:
I had a doula and really appreciated it. She came in by my false labours. I gave birth a week later but I had who to consult with the whole time.

I arrived to birth pushing in the ambulance. My doula cut my underwear instead of the men. I delivered the first twin on arrival in a regular room. It was very chaos as I was pushing and the nurses were trying to connect me to an IV. I kept on jumping and not being focused. My doula was holding my hand and trying to calm me down.

Twin two was born a footling ten minutes later without an epidural. He was born grey but perked up pretty quickly.

I got to hold them for two minutes before twin two was whisked off to NICU as he weighed less than four pound. Twin one stayed with me as he was slightly bigger.

I gave birth at 34 weeks.

Thanks for your perspective! I can see why a doula may be helpful and I appreciate hearing how it helped you.
And wow that sounds like a hectic birth. I want a fast labor but not that fast, I hope to get there in time to get an epidural and get settled in at least.

I had one birth that was very fast but I still made it to a room before I had to start pushing no time for an epidural though but that was fine with me I'm not set on having one if I don't need it but for a twin birth I would feel better having one...

English3

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:06 pm
I didn't find it painful. They maneuvered twin two from outside and inside. I took gas and air and was fine.
I was a bloody mess afterwards and was so grateful to be in a shower an hour after birth. I felt so amazing and strong after the birth.

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:12 pm
I had twins and my birth unfortunately did not go as expected. Twin A was natural delivery and twin b was a super fast emergency C Section. I wish I would have had a doula there atleast to just tell me what was going on..it was all so fast and confusing. However the hospital did not allow more than one person in the operating room.
I did have a really nice midwife there besides for all the drs and nurses who was helping me calm down, sometimes you get a really good nurse or dr who can be really supportive
Wishing you an easy and smooth labor and delivery!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more