Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
How’s the driving?
Previous  1  2  3

Writergirl

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:57 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I’m not bashing Lakewood, I’m bashing people, anywhere, but who break the law and create a chillul Hashem while endangering lives. And so should you, instead of denying or defending it,

I'm not denying nor defending. Just don't like stereotyping a whole community. Many, many thousands of drivers live here. Let's not throw em all in one pot.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 1:48 am
GLUE wrote:
On days when it's bad weather like last night many times the Parkway becomes crash and crash zone. Sometimes it's safer to take the 9-is it part of the Parkway by Tinton Falls part of RT9? Because the 9 goes slower and people drive more careful, learned from experience. This is not a reflection on Lakewood driving.

The thread is how is the driving in Lakewood not how is the driving on the Parkway.

Is it better?

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 1:06 pm
Cheiny wrote:
You keep ignoring the fact that I’ve been discussing what I’ve seen with my own two eyes every single time I’m in Lakewood, not what I’ve read. And unfortunately it’s ours, and it’s like the Wild West. No stopping for stop signs, cutting people off, driving at crazy speeds, and worst of all is the holding cell phones to their ears. Countless time I saw drivers weaving in and out of their lane and then of course I see it’s because they’re holding their phones. My friend who lives in Lakewood said, “Just stand on the 9 at any hour of the day or night and watch the drivers in each car pass by. At least 9 out of 10 are holding their phones to their ear.”

Denying this is just not honest. I’m not the only one who has said this. It’s a real problem and I wish something was done about it. It’s downright frightening and dangerous.

I do see people holding their phones while driving pretty often, but this felt very exaggerated to me. This morning I spent a lot of time in my car between 8-10 in a few high traffic areas. I decided to actively check each driver to see of they were holding their phones. I literally saw one person holding his phone and he was clearly not Jewish. I'm not saying it's not a problem, but it's not that big of a problem.

The problem I see is when people get stuck in traffic or behind slow moving cars or at one red light after another, and they start driving crazy to finally get somewhere.

Like another poster wrote, the majority of the really bad accidents happen on Shabbos and frum Jews are not involved. I definitely dont feel like my life is in danger every time I get behind the wheel, but I do drive defensively to do the best I can to protect myself.

GLUE

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 1:21 pm
My experience today with driving:

Around 7-Minyon carpool, the edge of the roads were full of ice everyone was driving slow and steady as much as the center of the road as possible. Did not see anyone holding cell phones most people had both hands on the wheel. Only drove on main roads worst places where Yeshiva parking lots...and Cross St by Granite Dr..

Around 8:30-Next carpool, more cars on the road so a lot slower, the main streets where better, the sun was out so driving felt better. Drove on some side streets and they had some ice. Did not see anyone holding cell phones

Around 11:30-Mid terms carpool, not working today so I had the privilege of driving. The sun was out all roads I went on where clear. I hope it's like this at 4. Did not look to see if people where holding cell phones.

If anyone knows how to get in touch with the HOA of Granite Dr. in Lakewood by Cross please do and tell them to turn off the sprinklers. Cross Street was a sheet of ice there because of the sprinklers.

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 1:51 pm
GLUE wrote:
My experience today with driving:

Around 7-Minyon carpool, the edge of the roads were full of ice everyone was driving slow and steady as much as the center of the road as possible. Did not see anyone holding cell phones most people had both hands on the wheel. Only drove on main roads worst places where Yeshiva parking lots...and Cross St by Granite Dr..

Around 8:30-Next carpool, more cars on the road so a lot slower, the main streets where better, the sun was out so driving felt better. Drove on some side streets and they had some ice. Did not see anyone holding cell phones

Around 11:30-Mid terms carpool, not working today so I had the privilege of driving. The sun was out all roads I went on where clear. I hope it's like this at 4. Did not look to see if people where holding cell phones.

If anyone knows how to get in touch with the HOA of Granite Dr. in Lakewood by Cross please do and tell them to turn off the sprinklers. Cross Street was a sheet of ice there because of the sprinklers.

The sprinklers on Cross St is crazy! Hopefully someone who lives there will have them turn it off.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries